Author Topic: 1115 for sale at decent money  (Read 5095 times)

38ac

• View Profile
1115 for sale at decent money
« on: June 12, 2018, 01:42:29 PM »
I dont generally post Ebay links here because everyone looks there but this one was hidden from my normal saved searches. Pretty decent price for a 1115 but wont ship an d too far away from me. I had a 195 of that brand ona factory 10KW set and the engine was a very nice runner.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miami-Pick-up-Belt-Driven-Water-Cooled-Diesel-Engine-25HP-2200RPM-ZH1115-ND/253649839003?hash=item3b0eb5639b:g:oykAAOSwEzJbCbI3
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Willw

• View Profile
Re: 1115 for sale at decent money
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
I was considering buying that too....until I noticed in the 2nd picture that it doesn't have a cylinder head >:(

I took the same $600.00 and bought 2 Farymann 43F diesels that I had found on Ebay; that price included shipping. Both engines appear to be complete except for air filters and mufflers and one engine will not turn. These days that's par for the course with me; so no worries.
I figure worse case scenario I will get 1 running and have 1 for parts. But me that more than likely I will get both running. I was looking for a deal on one of those for a very long time ;D
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »
Well heck, I didnt even notice the misisng head.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Willw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:31:34 AM »
I contacted the seller and asked him if the engine he is selling is complete or not (this is the last of 3 that he had); he says he will send more pictures tomorrow. I will let you guys know if he sends them.
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

Zeppole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:34:02 AM »
I contacted the seller and was advised that they are complete engines ( I noticed the pic with the bare head bolts and pointed that out to the seller).  He has 2 identical listings one for $599 pick up and one for $799 free shipping.  I just bought one of the free shipping units.  I'll post something when it arrives.
Jin Dong ZH1115 CGG 11 KW Stamford head
ChangChai S1100 10KW ST Head
DES 8/1 Listeroid 5KW ST head

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »
know exactly where you are coming from, I just ordered $2000 dollars worth of treated timber from my local building supplier. Cheeky b*stards wanted to charge me for delivery. I hung up on them. Guess what they called me back to arrange free delivery. What a surprise!

Bob

Zeppole

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »
New photos are posted on Ebay and show a complete engine.  Here's a copy of the message I got from the seller:

"We just updated the photos in our listing. It is complete diesel engine. Since they are old stock, we are not quiet sure how it will work as engine, so we suggest to use them for parts. Or you could try to add oil and run it and may need to change some parts. The retail price for a brand new engine is over $2,000."

May be selling as parts to get around EPA fine potential?  PayPal payment went to JINMAAMERCA which I believe is a pretty big outfit -- Jinma tractors & equipment.  Hopefully it won't be a complete POS.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 09:07:31 AM »
Hey Glort, I share your frustration with postal/delivery charges. I ordered some bits and pieces ten days ago, both with $10 delivery. Guess what, the bits from the UK arrived today having travelled half way around the world by airmail. I am still waiting for the bits from Queensland which is only a four hour drive away.
Go figure,
Bob

Zeppole

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
Took delivery on the Jin Dong 1115.  As advertised it is a brand new engine that has never been fired; mine has a date of manufacture in 2010.  Filled with fluids and attempted to start -- fuel pump didn't work initially but after a couple of hours sitting with diesel in the system it started working.  At initial start up it was showing symptoms of air in the fuel supply lines (white smoke misfiring)and I started with the line from the tank to the filter to the pump , etc bleeding out the air.  Still white smoke, etc.

Getting frustrated at this point I started rechecking the tightness of every fitting from the fuel tank to the injector and found that the studs that hold the injector in place on the head were slightly loose -- turned each nut about half a turn and voila the engine fired right up and ran normally.

Seems like a nice runner, runs out smooth at 1800 rpm.  Comes with usual accessory kit (rings, bearings, seals & valve springs plus usual crummy tools)

The manual is a hoot -- as a senior citizen myself I took particular attention to the following on page 2:

"Children, the slow old man and epileptics are not permitted to enter the workshop."   >:(

In any event seems like an excellent deal at $799 delivered, YMMV.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 07:19:16 PM »

"Children, the slow old man and epileptics are not permitted to enter the workshop."   >:(

I'm getting that engraved on a piece of brass and mounted on the door of my workshop!

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
Mine should be delivered today. Glad to hear yours runs well after minor issues. It did say no shipping, but they did anyway.

Zeppole

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 08:48:26 PM »
I noticed a sticker on my engine -- kind of hidden below the air cleaner/intake manifold area -- in any event the sticker says that the engine complies with the EPA rules & regulations!!  Never have seen this on a Chinese Yanmar clone.  Perhaps direct injection cleaned them up enough to pass. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »
It may have passed when it was made and first imported, but not now.  The EPA keeps adding more and more restrictive exhaust crap that these engines will never meet.

We have a John Deere that now has the DPF system on it.  During the winter we use it to put out hay, no need to run it at full RPM, but if you don’t, we have had tp park it and do a “burn” off for 30 minutes.  I like our old 1978 JD 4440, simple and smells like a diesel