Puppeteer

Author Topic: Flashing an Alternator help request  (Read 5269 times)

EdDee

• View Profile
Re: Flashing an Alternator help request
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 03:35:34 PM »
No Problemo!!

On the back of the AVR there is normally a small screw (jewelers screwdriver small) sticking out of the resin.... You can adjust that to get your output voltage spot on....

Regds
Ed
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

guest23837

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »
No Problemo!!

On the back of the AVR there is normally a small screw (jewelers screwdriver small) sticking out of the resin.... You can adjust that to get your output voltage spot on....

Regds
Ed

Thanks Ed. Irish voltage is nominally 230v but nearly all appliances come from the UK and are 240. I only ran it for half an hour it's very noisy as it only has a straight pipe for an exhaust and the sensitive types in the house couldn't hear home and away or some such nonsense! I only had 4000 watts to load on it but it didn't miss a beat. I have to get an electric starter sorted and an exhaust.

guest23837

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 12:07:10 AM »

the sensitive types in the house couldn't hear home and away or some such nonsense!

NOOOO!

You don't have that Home and away Garbage Infecting your Airwaves as well do you?
The Aussie " Summer bay" One? If thats what You have, I apologise on behalf on our nation and I am happy to open talks of repatriation to avoid war between us.  Damn that show is insulting to ones good sense.

My wife watches it every damn Night. It makes me call the intelligence of the woman into serious question.
She says " Come sit down and watch TV with me." I say I rather do something more enjoyable like Visit the dentist when he is out of anesthetic than subject myself to that TV torture!!

To make these things more quiet, a car muffler is good and has a wonderful flow rate for an engine such as this but on most Diesels, it's the inlet that makes the non mechanical Noise.  I got an airbox off a car with the snorkel/ inlet Duct and fitted that to my Roid and have one for the china Diesel as well.  HUGE difference in racket Reduction.
Of Course a turbo on the end of the exhaust and beginning of the inlet will also quieten things down and add substantial Cool factor both audibly and Visually.
Besides, every Diesel really ought to have a hairdryer on it.

Sadly there are several Antipodean shows on daily plus several British shows and one or two Irish so my missus can addle her brain whilst looking at implausibly good looking young people with severe problems, caring neighbours and seemingly good weather every day. I watch the news and the occasional documentary said documentary is for dull, boring, right wing, middle aged types with no life or taste (apparently) . She doesn't think much of Kevin Bloody Wilson played loudly from the shed when I take myself out there with a 6 pack and a bottle of Jim Bean either..

The generator was a silent generator at one stage it's a bit of a mongrel now. I have 6" pipe at the manifold loosely attached to a straight car exhaust so it is a bit loud!. I have ordered a new exhaust so that will tone it down a little or a good bit. It was 25c here today which is warm for Ireland all windows and doors open so the noise will be less noticeable in January.