Puppeteer

Author Topic: My God! Can't old posts go away!  (Read 19604 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: My God! Can't old posts go away!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »
People that don't want to kill other people.  Sounds so simple and righteous.  Their treatment is one of those posts that went away almost before it was written down.  That's one of the ways the "good old days" remain as The Good Old Days. 

I've had a couple of crap years and my year in Korea, all expenses paid, was the worst one.  The stuff we get ourselves into because we're hungry and / or broke can be regrettable.  I'm alive so it didn't kill me but a few parts just didn't make it.  The ones that kind of break or snap off while watching an almost occupying force treat local populations as if something were wrong or nasty about them and telling themselves that they're doing a great job for humanity.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »

Thanks Casey

gusbratz

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »
"Words are like arrows,  Once loosed, you cannot call them back."

heard that proverb somewhere and can't recall where. seems appropriate.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
You can call them back if you're talking to yourself.  It's sort of like fantasies - "Whew, thank God that was a fantasy!"
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

gusbratz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 04:15:18 AM »
You can call them back if you're talking to yourself.  It's sort of like fantasies - "Whew, thank God that was a fantasy!"

More often than not  I see a topic on a forum and type a super long detailed response. before I hit submit and get sidetracked and have to go do something. by the time I get back to the computer I start thinking about all the people who are going to disagree with what I said and be negative and I just delete the whole thing before I even post it. sort of like I am talking to myself. It feels like I get it all out of my system by typing the response and have not the  inclination to actually post it. lol. I am fighting the urge to delete this right now as a matter of fact......

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2018, 04:27:55 AM »
I do the same, regularly, gusbratz. Perhaps not often enough!

guest23837

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2018, 08:17:00 AM »
On a few of the forums I have joined this thread would have been deemed "off topic" long ago and been locked. Not all forums are for open discussion and exchange of ideas, some are priggish mutual appreciation societies for what the members and mods perceive as an elite knowledgeable insider group. Stick to the topic and if you have an opinion keep it to yourself! I best not name them but surprisingly to me they are in the UK and are about such exotic interests as snooker and French cars!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
Hi Fellas, People should be allowed and even encouraged to say or post what they really believe. I am sick ant tired of political correctness. It allows politicians and other high profile people to avoid dealing with difficult issues like racism, same sex marriage, child abuse and sexual exploitation. None of them have the b*lls to say anything that might be misconstrued as evidence of some sort of "ism" They therefore say nothing meaningful at all. I guess I just fell into their trap by mentioning the word b*lls. In the politically correct world that is classed as sexism as half the population don`t have any.

Speak/post your mind and to hell with the idiots and intellectually castrated.

Rant over, feeling much better thanks,

Bob

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2018, 12:19:27 AM »
Cant you name some of those forums glort? Might be a good read. If one is an AU site of the alternative energy type, then that wouldnt surprise me at all. We all might have to go back to school to be educated in the wonderful world of political correctness and green ideology. You should know a diesel cannot be allowed anywhere near a solar panel.
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
Hi basewindow, what a bloody good idea, if we all signed up as members of these BS forums we might get the true word out there. We could also have fun seeing who was first to get banned. Perhaps we should run a competition to see how many politically correct forums we can get banned from in a week. The prize for the winner would have to be a golden Glort.  :laugh:

Bob

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »
I have also left some forums that are way too far "green" for my liking, particularly wood burning forums where my ghastly outdoor wood boiler is claimed to be choking the entire plant with  soot and is directly responsible for a 10 foot  rise in the world's ocean levels and  several cases of COPD that were 3 states away. ;D

That being said we have two distinctly different subjects being discussed here,maybe three and that is beside the original topic for this thread. For my own personal tastes this is why I like to see both the individual  forums and threads kept on topic.  It makes for garbled reading unless a person happens to be here every day and reads every post which I (and many others) do neither,,, believe it or not? ;D

BUT since I have already been in here adding to the mire of this thread I will add that  I still resist ANY notion that I  have  a right to post what ever I  please here or anywhere else in cyberland.  If Ade says ENOUGH!! then he is right.  I am a guest in his house , and he is king.

Didnt I say I was dome posting on this thread a page or two back?? ;)

Collector and horder of about anything diesel

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
  I think the Off topic portion has been a significant improvement on the original topic that's for sure.

On that point we are in complete agreement my friend, ;)
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

guest23837

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »
People are like this thread. They digress, they go off on a tangent they have opinions ideas etc they want to share with other people. I suppose totally anal retentive types might enjoy a binary Q&A for any issue they might encounter but thats too robotic for me. Nothing better than a good discussion started on the 3rd pint of ale and carried on until closing time or until the wives step in.

If you start off with something like "did you see Dave recently"? A yes or no ends the conversation whereas if you reply "saw him yesterday thumb wrapped up in bandages and insulation tape"

Must have been drunk, again
No he's getting on a bit, bad eyesight
His wifes doesn't look old
Years younger than him mate, I did her once in a Cortina
Man I hate fords
You never has taste in cars remember the Wartburg you had?
Great car had a petrol heater
I prefer diesel cars now
You still got the old Lister?

And so it goes on

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 10:02:22 PM »
Had a 77 Cortina years ago, 4.1ltr crossflow engine....ah but I digress   :laugh:
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

guest23837

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
Had a 77 Cortina years ago, 4.1ltr crossflow engine....ah but I digress   :laugh:
30 years ago I had a 2000E Cortina tan over BRG last of the sloping dash models black leather etc. I still miss the car or is it Daves wife I missed an opportunity with?
Cest La Vie as I say to my clapped out Peugeot