Author Topic: Lister SR3 marine version  (Read 2024 times)

David Halstead

• View Profile
Lister SR3 marine version
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
Hi,thanks for adding me to the forum.I am trying to restore an SR3 in my narrow boat unfortunately it didn't come with a starter motor the engine No is 865SR32MGR I need to know the rotation and type/model of starter motor to try and find one to purchase any help at all would be gratefull.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister SR3 marine version
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »
Engine most likely CW rotation when viewed from flywheel end. A quick look at bell housing will also confirm this detail.
They used to have Prestolite starters in them, sometimes Lucas, often Delco in the USA. The different starters use differing spacer/adapters. Delco is the most readily available and serviceable for your application in the West. We stock spacers and starters... the actual starter designations can be from a very long list but typically model 10MT and I would have to look up the other specs such as Bendix and rotation detail.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »

I keep seeing these guys advertising starters for all kinds of stationary and odd or old diesel applications . . .

Maybe have a look at their site?  There are hundreds of starters on there and the name "Rare Electrical"  suggests something?

https://www.rareelectrical.com/

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
the engine No is 865SR32MGR

As there is no Z in the serial number after SR3 then it is clockwise rotation.

FYI The same starter motor from a Lister ST and TR ranges will also fit your SR engine, but you will still need the spacer.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:46:27 PM by listard-jp2 »