Author Topic: NEW Listeroid --another issue! - oil dipstick  (Read 1400 times)

queenofjacks

• View Profile
NEW Listeroid --another issue! - oil dipstick
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »
 This one has me dumbfounded!  The dipstick - when inserted - will go in front of - or behind the delivery pipe on the left side of the oil manifold.  The threaded end of the dipstick will thread into the crankcase, either way  - but only with some difficulty.  The dipstick is in a bind, either way.  The dipstick is pressing hard against the delivery pipe - doesn't matter if its in front or behind.  Ideally, it wants to go right through the center of the delivery pipe! I wonder how many hours before the dipstick wore through the pipe?  -- or how many hours before the pipe wore through the dipstick -- which would then be devoured by the crank and rods???  I mean- who engineers this stuff???!!  Anyhow, I have enclosed some pics of the mess.  For now, I'm going to plug the hole with a bolt and insert the dipstick periodically to check the oil level.  Suggestions,  anyone?? ---- Charlie

Addendum:  I just found an example of a Power Line twin that had a piece of straight wire hanging from the backside of the unit on a piece of chain.  Upon closer examination, I noticed that the engine had the same dipstick arrangement as mine and that the owner had come up with the same solution that I proposed ---- so I guess that others have had the same issue!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:01:16 PM by queenofjacks »
Lovson 10/1  7.5KW - Power Solutions 20/2  12KW - Lister SR2 7.5KW - 2-Lister 8/1's - Lister TR2 7.5KW