Puppeteer

Author Topic: What do we do now?  (Read 2188 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
What do we do now?
« on: March 17, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: What do we do now?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »
I think an effective truth machine is urgently needed. As the sci-fi book "The Truth Machine" suggested, it would transform justice, politics, and business.  Democracy is a farce without it; humans on average are not all that smart and are readily programmed.  Thus 90% of elections are won by the candidate with the biggest advertising budget.  Since very large corporations can provide essentially unlimited sums along with lobbyists to make deals, we get what we've got. 

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »
Let's get this straight.  An article discussing artificial reality vs real reality begins with a conjured speech by a President that's been dead for 54 years.  Okay - yes; I'm a Kennedy fan and I know I'm being overly cautious but there's just something wrong here. 
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

M61hops

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:35:32 AM »
How can you be sure that you know what real reality really is?  The human mind can be programmed way to easily for the best interests of humans.  What if everything you thought was real was just programming fed to you sort of like in the movie the Matrix?  How would you know?  People are not encouraged to question much of anything.  Ever wonder why?  My two favorite bumper stickers ever were Question Authority and Question Reality!  You might find out some interesting things.  It seems we are entering a new era of censorship on the internet right about now.  Have you seen what China has done with their scoring system?  Do you think that won't happen where you live? :police:
I pray everyday giving thanks that I have one of the "fun" mental disorders!

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 06:57:37 PM »
How about a fake news story about Kennedy being murdered because he was about to give a speech about the foundation of the Republican party? 

Or perhaps he was laying the foundation for claiming fake news on the then soon to be reported extramarital sex programs.  Just possibly my favorite president.  Too bad he couldn't keep it in his pants.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »
I think an effective truth machine is urgently needed. As the sci-fi book "The Truth Machine" suggested, it would transform justice, politics, and business.  Democracy is a farce without it; humans on average are not all that smart and are readily programmed.  Thus 90% of elections are won by the candidate with the biggest advertising budget.  Since very large corporations can provide essentially unlimited sums along with lobbyists to make deals, we get what we've got.

What was the election budget in the last US election plus all the free advertising from a majority the media and public figures ?