Author Topic: Busy Shop This Winter  (Read 6834 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Busy Shop This Winter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »
Butch you are lucky to have those results to speak of... good parenting (and more good luck).

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Glad to see you have time to get into those Gary. That SOM base could be put to good use by me ;) ;) ;)
That base is going to a client upstate New York... sorry about that! Sometimes getting to the "fun" projects is a matter of getting bored and fed-up with everything else.

The Stover SOM flywheels I have here are 25" diameter... they do not clear the floor. Some of the 6/1 spoked flywheels I have are 23 7/8" diameter and some of them are a full 24" diameter. Those will clear the floor by about 1/2". On the 8/1 flywheels I have also seen 23 3/4" diameter.

dieselgman

Yep, looks like mine are 25" too (roughly, the crankshaft got in the way of an accurate measurement). Eyeballing the tape measure suggests the full 25" though. Guess that explains why my Listers would take off across the workshop if I fired them up without a base!  :laugh:
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 02:00:11 AM »
Absolutely correct Glort! Todays children are a vacuum of knowledge of anything other than a text message, or something electronic.
I can't get anyone to develop an interest in my old "antique" crap.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
H fellas, found this pdf showing all original plates part numbers on the internet. Plate six lists eight or nine different flywheels for CS engines. lister-petter.devprecisionengineers.com/otherdetails/Lister_plates_part_number.pdfCached
Hope I`m not going to start a rant about Indian clone parts.
Bob.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 11:31:10 PM »
Hey Bob,
I can't seem to figure out the address you posted. Could you maybe post a link?
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

ajaffa1

• View Profile

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
i am happy to say our son and daughter turned out just fine.  Our son is a network solutions engineer group leader for Comcast and our daughter is a Radiologist specializing in Cardiac sonographey and her husband is a Internal Medicine doctor.
I am however concerned for our grandchildren as it looks like parenting today is much harder then we raised our children. We have one granddaughter and one grandson.  Grandson number two is due this in 2 days.  Wife flying out to Olympia Washington tomorrow to be with our daughter for a few weeks to help out.