Puppeteer

Author Topic: an optimist with a 3/1  (Read 3011 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
an optimist with a 3/1
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1515170100

Didn't even bother putting up an image . . . .

TradeMe is our eBay

He may have an extra "0" on the price?

Will watch with interest

vdubnut62

• View Profile
Re: an optimist with a 3/1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:36:49 AM »
Yes pleeeze keep us posted on that one. That seems out of order even for the states.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:10:51 AM »
Glort, that one is a hard case. Massively overgeared, im picking around a 9:1 speedup making the little 3.5 even more hopeless to run the 5kVa alternator. This simply cannot work efficiently in that configuration.  Markons are great alternators.

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:18:34 AM »
And Mike, wishing you  a good new year. Ours started with a drought, now massive flooding as Im doing roof repairs in the pissing rain.... never any roof problem when its fine.
That Lister just may sell. I got $450 for a similar unit, the cost of the hyab to lift it $150, and whatever the freight to southland was, Im guessing another 2/300., so already around the thousand. The spoked flywheels seem more popular with the show people, so maybe that may sway it too.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:12:26 AM »
And Mike, wishing you  a good new year. Ours started with a drought, now massive flooding as Im doing roof repairs in the pissing rain.... never any roof problem when its fine.
That Lister just may sell. I got $450 for a similar unit, the cost of the hyab to lift it $150, and whatever the freight to southland was, Im guessing another 2/300., so already around the thousand. The spoked flywheels seem more popular with the show people, so maybe that may sway it too.

All the best for 2018, mate. and thanks.

This chap tells me he has a bulldozer pump he was using for irrigation.  Last I saw people were still using and rebuilding those old pumps and the old milking machine services guy here had parts or them.  Wouldn't surprise me if the pump would sell the motor, if you know what I mean

Been a drought here - us irrigation folks ( aka the devil's spawn) here are rushed off our feet

I will keep an eye on that 3/1 yes

Cheers

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 02:58:24 AM »
What happened to it Mike.... I forgot to follow it?

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
No bids.  Probably not surprising at that price. 

Much better deal is this one in northland

https://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-collectables/automotive-transport/other/auction-1529447960.htm?rsqid=d36f2ac6b59649a7b0459c094f84073e

Hot down there on the coast?  It's sunburn and midges here.  Cheers

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 11:07:22 PM »
Id buy that one if it was closer....
Hot, super muggy, dryest we have ever had. No flies or mozzies, but bloody spider webs everywhere, driving me nuts. Ran my cS for an hour or two yesterday, the old girl hasnt run for months, solar panels doing the job instead.
When this drought breaks, the weather is  gunna change big time.... preparing for it now.