Author Topic: HELP ON THE GROUND!  (Read 1530 times)

Buryan

• View Profile
HELP ON THE GROUND!
« on: December 27, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!

This is a long-shot!  Are there, per-chance, any experts very near Land's End in Cornwall, UK?!!!

I run an ST2 daily and wondered how feasable it is to obtain the missing bits to make it a Start-o-Matic.  I am also starting a re-build on my 8/1 and that needs an expert (as far as I am concerned!) to sort out the start-o-matic bit there too.  Fine with spanners and oil, hopeless on high-grade sparks, Faradays, ohms leading to acrid smoke, sizzlings and explosions!

If there is anyone in the out-back of West Penwith as far as Truro (or even beyond) I should be enormously grateful to hear from them and thank you very much in advance.

My e-mail is:  k.runcimanannand@gmail.com

Happy New Year to all.

Buryan (aka Kenneth).

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: HELP ON THE GROUND!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
I suggest that you get on over to the stationary engine net forum:

http://www.stationary-engine.net/forum

And direct your question to a forum member Lucien Nunes, as he is the goto guy on that forum for this type of enquiry, as he knows the insides of the electrical aspects of Lister SOM units like the back of his hand, and has suggested many work around solutions to SOM electrical switchgear problems on that forum.

Buryan

• View Profile
Re: HELP ON THE GROUND!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 02:47:44 AM »
To Listard-jp2 - Just seen your kind reply and am very grateful to you for your help - thank you.  I'll get in touch with him.  Best wishes.

Buryan.