Puppeteer

Author Topic: Hi and advice appreciated  (Read 1624 times)

defender

• View Profile
Hi and advice appreciated
« on: October 28, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »
Hello All, New to forum so sorry if this is really obvious stuff but id be grateful for opinions or pointing at the right thread please.

Ive just purchased a St2 lister with a 7 kia geneset on the back it had been used as a backup for a luxury house and was seized from lack of use. Ive stripped it and cleaned it up from the looks of it has almost been unused. Its now up and running :)

Its a startomatic unit but i don't have the extra remote box only the one which sits on the alternator.

I've hooked it up and it starts with 24 v (assume its 24V?) and makes power which is a good sign.

I really wanted to know how best to wire it up without the extra box, i.e. which wire triggers decompressor to shut unit down and if any of these modern auto start boxes on eBay could replace the lister box? Or indeed has anyone got one in their shed i could buy?

I have a friend who is a electrician who is happy to help wire it up to the house electrics for the safety bit

I'm happy with either a manual changeover switch and a start button/stop in house or an auto start type system.

Advice much appreciated

PS although the oil looks like new golden syrup i would like to change it any thoughts on best grade for engine?

Thanks people

mark

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Hi and advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
Use 15-40 diesel lube oil... as far as your auto-start goes, depends on what type you have. Is yours a Kohler? An original British SOM? Plenty of documentation for the original British setup is available.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations