Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister pretty much setup now  (Read 1999 times)

starfire

• View Profile
Lister pretty much setup now
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:43:16 AM »
and bugs removed. A video of the installation of the engine you saw previously. Added a car radiator via a few welded up brackets using existing mounting holes in engine. The Pro racing stage 6 high impact chrome cooling fan utilising computer designed curved blades helps.... thankfully it has not the intelligence to realise its mounted on an agricultural engine, and not a Ferrari , otherwise it would refuse to work. This will extract extra horespower according to the website......
The two car alternators are parallel wired giving several charging options, the fields being switched seperately.
The Lister sits next to the Petter AV1 and have become very good friends.......
I love the smell of hot alternators, rubber vee belts and that unique sound of a Lister beating against a heavy load.
One day I WILL finish the tidy up in the generator shed......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owhkOuGwbZI&feature=youtu.be

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: Lister pretty much setup now
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »
Nice set up.

I like the racing alternator, adds a touch of class the the lads at Dursley could only dream of, back in the '30's

And my shed is far messier than your's

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
G'day Dayle.  Looking good.  Are those B section belts?  And are they just running free on the surface of the lfywheel - no grooves or whatever?  Was it much of a performance to get them to run straight and true - careful orientation of the alternator pulleys in the same plane as the flywheel or whatever?  Cheers

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
Evening Mike. Its not pretty but works fine, C section belts , no grooves, they seem to work great. I put 4 inch pulleys on the alts, otherwise they overspeed wasting power.  Tickled with the trademe fans, 10 inches dia, cheap as chips, very light so easily mounted with cable ties. Some boy racer stuff can be useful, they came with some awesome stickers...... may need to put these on as well after I crackle paint the rocker cover and add the shiny turbo.....

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
And Stef..... Im sure R A Lister would turn in his grave knowing his Listard chrome cylinder bore treatment has been bastardised into chrome plating  plastic by the Chinese.  :o