Puppeteer

Author Topic: Original Lister CS w/ tanks - Diesel 6HP 650RPM Year 1939 - For SALE  (Read 13443 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Original Lister CS w/ tanks - Diesel 6HP 650RPM Year 1939 - For SALE
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »
What'd he say?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mikenash

• View Profile

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »
No.  I'm not interested in your views on people who are different to you, or on politics, or on philosophy, or on government.  I only read the bits relating to diesel or solar - even then I skim through the polemic to find the substantial.

Interesting insights into solar performance in low-light situations, though

amsimoes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 12:26:10 AM »
Hey guys!!!

Haha please didn't intend to make anyone mad with this  ;D
That was quite a write-up, will try to read all that rant!

As I told earlier I'm mediating this for a close friend, and he just told me some days ago that the Cooling Tank got sold during the Summer.

The Lister engine model I'm selling, 5-1, is the Tank cooled model, not the Radiator cooled model. The tank is much bigger than the radiator.
It might change things for someone interested, but for others might not.

I'm dealing now with an interested buyer from Kansas, Missouri, which was only interested in the engine + Fuel Tank from the beginning, as to him the cooling tank would take much space and shipping cost would be too expensive.

The value we're dealing is over $2000.
I think I'll open a topic elsewhere asking if someone has any recommendation on a international shipping company, that would pickup in Portugal.

We're we have DHL, TNT and the rest are local companies I think...

Have a great weekend everyone, with, or without, rants  8)

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »
I seriously doubt if anyone on this forum really gives a hoot about political correctness.  Yes, it's small diesel engines and energy generation / conservation voiced by practicing people that makes it part of my morning ritual.  A little hopes and needs are interesting when they're fresh but the same old crap droning on into the sunset makes me quickly long for the end of the message.  Skim, I wish I were so sophisticated or patient.

So did we get the not $1500 engine sold?

Casey

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

amsimoes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »
I had good progress with a gentleman called Matt from Kansas City, and talked with a shipping company here that could transport from Leixoes (Porto) to Kansas City for 550$.

After that, he didn't reply to me anymore don't know why, because it's a fair value and he agreed on it...

Since then, got an offer of 1500$ from New Zealand but he quit after getting to know that the shipping price would be higher than to Kansas, so 500$.

I also got another contact from a guy who is interested on buying an original Lister like mine, but says that it's somehow illegal to import it to the USA and that the customs would seize it, anybody can confirm this info? I'll probably open a new topic on other section about this...

Cheers guys
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:52:05 PM by amsimoes »

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 04:24:22 AM »
I would doubt a serious New Zealand buyer would  consider that on both price and freight cost, when similar can be had locally for around $NZ500, these genuine Listers are far more prevalent here and come up on our auction sites frequently. The Kiwi  slang for these time wasters is "tyre kicking".
In saying that, bugger all at present, a couple of old petrol engines though, and a 3 cylinder diesel at probably a good price...
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchString=lister+engine&type=Search&searchType=all&user_region=100&user_district=0&generalSearch_keypresses=6&generalSearch_suggested=13&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 03:14:19 AM »
I had good progress with a gentleman called Matt from Kansas City, and talked with a shipping company here that could transport from Leixoes (Porto) to Kansas City for 550$.

After that, he didn't reply to me anymore don't know why, because it's a fair value and he agreed on it...

Since then, got an offer of 1500$ from New Zealand but he quit after getting to know that the shipping price would be higher than to Kansas, so 500$.

I also got another contact from a guy who is interested on buying an original Lister like mine, but says that it's somehow illegal to import it to the USA and that the customs would seize it, anybody can confirm this info? I'll probably open a new topic on other section about this...

It is Not illegal to import antique engines into the USA. That doesn't guarantee that it won't become a PITA to get it done. If it is dismantled or incomplete and just called parts, then your paperwork becomes pretty easy. Mention "Engine" and certain triggers will be tripped as far as legality is concerned. None the less, once you can meet the burden of proof that your unit was manufactured before the pertinent EPA regulation came into force, you will be able to get past the bureaucrats and their gatekeepers.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:34:30 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

amsimoes

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »

With everyone round the $1500 mark, would prove the initial $5000 ask was ridiculous. Maybe you should have taken the $1500 offer you knocked back.

How come all the offers are from OS, is there no one in your own country interested in these things or have you over priced it for the local market?

Here in Portugal people don't have the interest nor the money to buy an engine like this.
This is an engine from before the World War II, and is still functional, it has a lot of antique value.

I've already stated in this topic that the $5000 price tag was like a roof, and to test the market. Don't need to keep saying it was a ridiculous value to ask. I'm not a Lister nor an engine enthusiast, since listing it I learned quite a bit.

amsimoes

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »

It is Not illegal to import antique engines into the USA. That doesn't guarantee that it won't become a PITA to get it done. If it is dismantled or incomplete and just called parts, then your paperwork becomes pretty easy. Mention "Enigine" and certain triggers will be tripped as far as legality is concerned. None the less, once you can meet the burden of proof that your unit was manufactured before the pertinent EPA regulation came into force, you will be able to get past the bureaucrats and their gatekeepers.

dieselgman

Thanks dieselgman.

I'll look into it.
Actually, the engine is missing the cooling tank. This way should make it easier to say it is parts instead of full engine...

Happy New Year

guest23837

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »
Did you sell it?

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 05:56:19 PM »
Fantastic Thursday!

I sold the dead tractor that had been under a tarp for five years yesterday.  The first guy out got it running at full speed and offered $500 for a machine that is listed at $650 for parts - not running.  Just between us the price absolutely firmed up when the engine started.  He knew I had gotten over a dozen responses on the first day of the craigslist ad.  Take an offer of less than full listed price on the first full day with a line waiting to look at it?  Please Ladies and gentlemen.  The second guy put $550 down and will return in a week with his trailer and, yes, and another $100.  YES!

So I would suggest an asking price that you would be happy with and have an acceptable price in mind.  If $1500 is your acceptable price then $1800 would be a good asking price but you could take an eighty percent offer and still be inside your guidelines.

Too bad there's not a local olive oil museum that would be interested in it.  Are there any antique diesel engine clubs in or near Portugal that would make shipping easier?  Check with a local news agency to see if they will do a story on changing times for the area.  Get something in you photo set (pets and children work really good) that give an idea of scale to these engines.  I find them surprisingly big.   Do some marketing.  If it still chugs then do a YouTube.  Nothing sells Listers better than the chugity chug of a 650 RPM diesel.

Best wishes

Casey

PS.  The engine looks great.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:59:41 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2018, 05:38:01 AM »
Here is something that might be worth the money https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maroochy-river/power-tools/11-kva-lister-generator/1175469587. Very similar to my st2, with the engine and gen head mounted on top of the fuel tank.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »
If I had four grand spare this would already be on it`s way here and my shed would have 3 phase power by this time next week. Why is there always more month than money?

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
Hey Glort, I guess that as we get older our ability to earn diminishes, thankfully so does our desire to spend money on luxuries.
I have no desire to own a new state of the art TV and surround sound system. Crap programs are still crap twice the size and volume.

With regards to shed clear out, a mate of mine is a compulsive hoarder. He has been collecting stuff for forty years. he has no idea what he has got and will not part with any of it. He has been approached by several museum curators who have offered to catalogue his collection for free. There was even talk of opening a museum in Coffs Harbour. He has got around his shed problem by simply building a new one every year. His farm now looks like an industrial estate.

Nothing wrong with being a tight arse, look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves. Don`t suppose you would consider working in Government procurement, teaching them to stop wasting the tax payers hard earned?