Puppeteer

Author Topic: My mates new start-o-matic  (Read 10886 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: My mates new start-o-matic
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 01:18:10 AM »
I have an email saying it was loaded two weeks ago as well. I just hope I get my shipping details soon so I can get them to the broker and get my crap in order.
Hmm... if ( me thinks there may an extra IF on my part ) they arive at about the same time maybe we can have a race to see who gets it down to tiny peices and back into some sort running condition before the snow falls or perhaps mopre realisticaly melts.

Doug
If mine arrives while I am on Vacation, it will be in production ASAP.  I will make it beautiful as I go, and get the gauges and stuff set up as I go too.

I will video tape everything as I go too.
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 02:44:54 AM »
Ya thats right you wanted some instrumentation, and Bob wants those contractors.
Now that things are sort of normal can you message me your wish list so I can see what I can put together for you.
And Bob if you read this I'll try and have something in the post for you this week, we can arrange payment later.

Doug

Julian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 08:03:55 AM »
I couldn't help but notice in your video you brushed against the crankshaft with your trousers.  Please for goodness sake, stay away from the spinning parts on your engine with things like clothing.  

Yes I agree, you were in great danger there, if that flywheel key grabbed onto your trousers you could easily have lost a large chunk of flesh - it really is *that* serious, I've seen the result of loose clothing getting wrapped around a lathe chuck and it's horrendous. You haven't enough free space around that engine.

My 6-1 has the proper flywheel key gaurds fitted. Part# 5-1/E10 these make life much safer!

kyradawg

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 03:38:16 AM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:17:30 AM by kyradawg »

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 04:40:41 AM »
About 1973 I investigated the death of a highway worker that got off his bushhog tractor/mower to drag a wad of hay string off the shoulder of the road.  According to two witnesses he was walking in front of the tractor with an armload of orange twine and suddenly he was jerked off his feet, under the tractor and into the blade of the mower in less than a second.  It was hard figureing out what happened, but the only thing that made a lot of sense was that some of the twine he was carrying, and probably trailing behind him,  had an end under the mower and it reeled him in.
Some accidents are messyier than others. :P

7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.