Lister Engines > Original Lister Cs Engines

Lister 12/2 Fuel Pump Pushrod/Cam follower Wheel

<< < (2/4) > >>

Samo:
Thanks All,

I'll look for a good second hand / new indian part from the local suppliers. The left one is perfect, right is heavily worn, no doubt due to lack of lubrication as has been poined out.

cheers
Samo

Samo:
Could I replace the wheel with a through hardened roller bearing?
SKF make some pretty good hardened bearings and rolling speed is pretty slow.

vdubnut62:

--- Quote from: Samo on July 17, 2017, 10:37:29 PM ---Could I replace the wheel with a through hardened roller bearing?
SKF make some pretty good hardened bearings and rolling speed is pretty slow.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing. What about it some of you more "seasoned" Lister  and 'roid owners and mechanics?
Ron.

Samo:
So I've ordered some through hardened roller bearings. These are 2mm larger in outside diameter, and will press fit onto the roller pin without impinging in the well of the existing follower   - though I need another pin machined so it doesn't have the wear pattern in the existing one...

There's been no comment on this as an approach for repairing the Cam follower, but to my limited knowledge the approach seems sound. Ok it's not the original Lister approach but at this stage unless someone can come up with a convincing argument, or have tried it and failed, I'm going to install these bearings and rebuild  8)....  :o

broncodriver99:
I would think it very important to have no slack between the cam eccentric, lifter, and fuel pump. Any kind of slack there would probably damage the bearing pretty quickly. The constant loading and unloading, 5-6 times a second, could be a problem but only time will tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version