Puppeteer

Author Topic: Newbie with oldie  (Read 2408 times)

Fig

• View Profile
Newbie with oldie
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
Hello men,

I have been lurking in the corner for a bit. I have an old Lister CS6 that came off of a start o matic. I just have the engine, nothing else. I think i might need some bits for the governor to set it up as a stand alone and not a som. I may also need other parts as i dig into it.  I was wondering where can I find parts? What parts from a Listeroid are interchange-able? I saw a post in the classifieds where a guy had an original and he had alot of new parts for it. I hope i have as much luck. Thanks.

Fig

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Newbie with oldie
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
I think the majority of Indian parts will interchange in an acceptable manner, although many of them are not built to original standards. Much of the original stuff is long out of production and only a few sparse NOS (New Old Stock) sources remain. DES stocks everything for these machines in the USA Midwest.
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Fig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 01:29:13 AM »
Oops think I must have accidently locked the thread....lol.

Is this the place ?

http://diesel-electric.us

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 02:45:53 AM »
That old website will get you the general idea, although it has not been updated or changed since 2008 and is considered archival at this point. All the contact details remain the same, some references to locations have changed... drastic changes in stocks (for the better) have happened in recent years.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations