Author Topic: Witte Engine Skid Base  (Read 13836 times)

vdubnut62

• View Profile
Re: Witte Engine Skid Base
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 02:38:40 AM »
I added CHEAP pneumatic tires to de-couple from the garage floor, before that you could feel it through the whole house.

I thought  doing this with a couple of my engines that I just can't seem to keep put on any sort of base that isn't bolted down to the concrete.
Does it stop them walking around or do they bounce a lot more if they aren't real smooth runners? I was thinking varying the air pressure in they tyres could make for a good flexible mounting.
My 12 HP Lombardini will break bolts holding it to it's base and I was wondering if I was going the wrong way trying to keep it still or I should let it move around a bit more?

Well, all I can say is that the Xing Dong does not "crawl" around like it did before. At 1800 rpm it never did hop or really slide around, just a slow crawl. The Hum however, was horrible
Through the whole house!!!  The hum and hammer was impossible, so I came up with the cheap tires and wheels. They were necessary or I was going to sit in the dark.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
glort:

You're off coffee for 15 days.  OK!  A week as I did bring it (the rant topic) up - with great concern for this very run away reason.

We've discussed your hyperactive typing on this very blog and I believe the other one as well.  My eyes went droopy twice.  The topic is wooden generator station bases.   :police:

ON Topic:

I got a call from a fellow cutting iron wood trees and if everything goes right I'll be at a "Show n Tell" iron wood milling program this weekend.  Not a bad birthday present.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »
I just got my Witte Skid done and posted on Micro Co-Gen.  http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=3539.0

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
Nicely done!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 03:50:02 PM »
That's a nice way to get the engine up to a nicer height for starting and maintenance without having to pour a raised platform of concrete. 
I think wood is under-rated as an engine mount.  Nice job, Casey.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 05:09:39 PM »
Nice to read.  Thanks
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator