Author Topic: Parts sources  (Read 14628 times)

Blueflame

• View Profile
Parts sources
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »
Hello I am wondering if anyone knows where to find the whole rocker arm assembly. the mounting block, shaft and rocker arms and replacement bushings. My rocker arms are quite sloppy on the shafts and the shafts themselves wiggle easily enough even though all nuts and bolts are tight. Engine is a powersolutions 6-1 made in 2005. thank you.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Parts sources
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »
We stock ALL parts for the Lister engine series, including clones. gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Crossword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:42:27 AM »
Hey Blueflame one of the leading exporters of lister diesel engine and its spare parts. We can provide you all spare parts of lister diesel engine. You can check this out on www.crosswordagro.com

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:42:06 PM »
I have also investigated and posted queries on the Crossword site... no responses. I am not surprised either. There are at least many dozens (if not hundreds) of such small export companies in India... we have dealt with many of them over the years - I have visited many of them in person as well. Some few actually maintain any sorts of their own stocks (most do NOT), None are actually in control of the manufacturing or quality standards, fewer will do business in anything resembling Western standards. I like the Crossword Agro catalog... but, we already have plenty of experience with some few companies who are actually straightforward about the inner workings in India and don't put on airs about how huge and important their own business is in the grand scheme. We have lost tens of thousands of dollars to unscrupulous players, posers and thieves in that marketplace. They will always demand their payment up front and in many cases provide zero recourse once any significant or difficult problem is revealed. Buyer beware!  ;)

dieselgman

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:48:37 PM by dieselgman »

guest23837

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:23:22 AM »
I recently got my hands on a diesel generator with a Chinese clone of a Yanmar L100 engine. I have had to replace a few parts, eg fan cowling and air filter box. I replaced them with genuine Yanmar parts and they fitted directly with no fettling. It's an electric start engine that I'm currently fantasizing about putting into a motorbike frame. It's light at under 20kgs but only 3k rpm and 10 hp but doable if I could find a gearbox that would work (a budget gearbox) It starts easy enough and the quality is way better than I thought. It had a 6kv alternator thats not working and sadly a replacement is way too dear. I think that if the Chinese made the Listeroids they would be of a reasonable enough quality to make them reliable.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:56:43 AM »
There are indeed a few over there that seem to have some sort of western morality as it would  pertain to business and honesty of word. I chose to not sort through it  when there are known reliable sources right here in the US of A that also provide us with loads of freebie information on this website aka  D.E.S.,  aka Dieselgman, aka Gary. (unpaid advertisement ;D)  Others have imported an engine or two and done OK but sadly many have been taken and (rightfully) dont come on here and cry about their losses.  
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
I've had good service from Dev Precision. I had to gee them up with a post on here, which I sent them a link to, , they replaced a dodgy injector pump free of charge and with no quibbles, including it in the delivery of my 3rd order ) I was happy to pay the extra postage. Each order was placed on the Sunday night and arrived on the following Friday, as fast as I can get stuff from the UK to France. The protection / power of Paypal is not to be understated! I'm sure there are others with a different tale

On this, as a on any other forum, guys will always try a bit of guerrilla marketing, I say let 'em on, there's enough experienced hands on here to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

guest23837

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »

I helped a Guy some years ago that had that motor in a bike frame.  He was doing a round the world Trip on veg oil.  His first engine was OK and got him a long way but an accident required it be replaced. After that he had a lot of trouble.  My conclusion was the new(er) engines had a lower compression and a different injection rate. I also think he held the thing open too much which caused the thing to Coke up through too much unburnt Fuel in the Cylinder.  I thought of WI but as he was coking the rings in about 100KM, I couldn't see it being effective in keeping the thing clean.  I got him to blend the Oil with Petrol and that certainly helped, doubled the range between rebuilds but was still impractically short. I wanted him to shave the head on the thing and get the compression way up but I think by that time he'd had enough and finished his last part of the journey on Diesel.

The bike didn't have a gearbox, it had a CV type clutch which worked well and gave no problems.  They are centrifugal variable size Pulleys that change the gear ratio according to speed and load.  Compact and efficient.
The Bike was LOADED with gear and the clutch and engine when it was going seemed to handle it well. No speed Demon but 55 Mph as he was getting on the flat roads was something I thought just from the POV of overcoming the Drag from all the saddle bags and things that were draped over the bike and sticking out.
I have seen some of these engines put in bikes and equipped with the little IHI Turbos which would be a very good Idea I reckon. 

If the Chinese could get the Roids as good as their horizontal Diesels, I think they would put India out of business pretty quick. If nothing else, No one from the western world would buy indian engines any more.

Thats very interesting I'd be keen on seeing photographs of it. Being off a generator my engine has a tapered shaft so there would probably be difficulties connecting anything other than a generator alternator to the shaft? But there's always other engines on pumps etc and the Chinese version is cheap enough. I did a little bit of research and those engines come with fixed or variable speeds so again not too difficult and some even have a cut-off solenoid. I believe the American version is 3600 rpm. A Turbo would be the icing on the cake!
Of course there would be other problems one being living in Ireland and getting it made road legal. An engine change in a car here even for a like for like engine means tons of paperwork, expensive main dealer visit to get the engine number, cc etc verified and associated fees. Thats doable tho. I like the idea of an old cruiser plodding along at 50 mph.
And there's my nightmare, electrics! You'd need lights indicators etc How to generate power?

guest23837

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »

On this, as a on any other forum, guys will always try a bit of guerrilla marketing, I say let 'em on, there's enough experienced hands on here to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Cheers Stef

I agree a bit is OK as it can make one aware of suppliers they would have never known of otherwise.
I welcome it when it's here as several guys that have businesses put in so much time and advise to help others, people would be nuts to go elsewhere.
When people come to forums flogging their wares and then don't answer the inquiry's they do drum up, It makes me wonder.

What shits me to tears though is people that will come along, push a product, throw a hissy fit when questioned or rebuked, before you know it there is some other newb singing the praises of the questionable product, swears they are just a satisfied customer but post on no other subject and then after doing their seagull impersonation of making a lot of noise and shitting on everything, take off and are never heard from or seen again.
Geez I have seen that a lot over the years to the point I can predict it now in a couple of responses.

There are indeed a few over there that seem to have some sort of western mo

Blueflame

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:44:35 AM »
Tried to post a picture of my engine and cooling system. Been a great machine for me so far.

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 12:58:42 PM »
When I read a forum thread like this, and see the responses generated when something like this appears:

Hey Blueflame one of the leading exporters of lister diesel engine and its spare parts. We can provide you all spare parts of lister diesel engine. You can check this out on www.crosswordagro.com

You guys crack me up, when you shoot these type of posts down in flames, but yet you still continue to buy parts originating from this part of the world.

If like me you had access to the comprehensive materials test reports produced by ListerPetter, and original Lister CS drawings. You would be able to appreciate that good customer service and honest dealings from Indian suppliers are not the whole story. More importantly it is what is not immediately apparent with Indian cloned Lister CS items, such as: Incorrect material composition, forging flash re-introduced into forging causing hidden defects, incorrect heat treatment, poor surface finish, dimensional errors, etc.

The raw material feed stock for the vast majority of these products is sourced directly from the Alang ship breaking yards located not far from Rajkot. Therefore the micro foundries producing the raw castings and forgings often have limited or non existent material assay capabilities, hence whatever alloying content the finished product has, it would largely be determined by the quality of the scrap steel / cast iron feed stock.

** I do concede that certain Indian sourced Lister CS spares are of an acceptable quality, such as bearings, valves, piston rings, and fuel injection equipment. Which is largely due to these companies having exposure to large Western markets, and who's customers insist upon having  robust QC procedure's in place, combined with financial penalty clauses written into contracts when the required quality is not produced.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »
When I read a forum thread like this, and see the responses generated when something like this appears:

You guys crack me up, when you shoot these type of posts down in flames, but yet you still continue to buy parts originating from this part of the world.

If like me you had access to the comprehensive materials test reports produced by ListerPetter, and original Lister CS drawings. You would be able to appreciate that good customer service and honest dealings from Indian suppliers are not the whole story. More importantly it is what is not immediately apparent with Indian cloned Lister CS items, such as: Incorrect material composition, forging flash re-introduced into forging causing hidden defects, incorrect heat treatment, poor surface finish, dimensional errors, etc.

The raw material feed stock for the vast majority of these products is sourced directly from the Alang ship breaking yards located not far from Rajkot. Therefore the micro foundries producing the raw castings and forgings often have limited or non existent material assay capabilities, hence whatever alloying content the finished product has, it would largely be determined by the quality of the scrap steel / cast iron feed stock.

** I do concede that certain Indian sourced Lister CS spares are of an acceptable quality, such as bearings, valves, piston rings, and fuel injection equipment. Which is largely due to these companies having exposure to large Western markets, and who's customers insist upon having  robust QC procedure's in place, combined with financial penalty clauses written into contracts when the required quality is not produced.

By the time an original lister part swims across the pond to the US of A, it's very near 10 times the price of a Rajkot "make do"
piece. I'm afraid some of us have to "make do".
Regards, Ron.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

guest23837

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
I read somewhere about a guy in Canada I think, that imports Listeroids without an injector that are sold as compressors. I don't know if it's true

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 10:49:37 PM »
By the time an original lister part swims across the pond to the US of A, it's very near 10 times the price of a Rajkot "make do"
piece. I'm afraid some of us have to "make do".
Regards, Ron.

That also might assume that the original parts are actually still available... and to a large extent they have been obsolete for several decades now. NLA = no longer available.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:07:11 AM by dieselgman »

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 01:38:09 AM »
I read somewhere about a guy in Canada I think, that imports Listeroids without an injector that are sold as compressors. I don't know if it's true

Yes, one can buy listeroid "compressors"  engines, and parts from Jim Calder
Jim's website is      justliveoffgrid.com
He has most common Listeroid parts in stock.
I am in Canada and have bought parts from Jim many times. He is on the other side of the country, does his best to get things to me quickly.

I have had occasion to need some obscure small parts and specialty parts......Gary at DES is the man.

Cheers,
Hugh
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:42:00 AM by Hugh Conway »
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project