Puppeteer

Author Topic: Ice Storm and outages  (Read 2757 times)

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Ice Storm and outages
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:06:46 AM »

The Ice Storm in the Maritimes of Canada has knocked out power to 54,000 homes and killed several people.
Good luck to any members who are weathering this storm.   ;)

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Storm and outages
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
Darn it glort,

You beat me to one of my favorite jokes. 

I watch the news and wonder "Why are those people planning on living there next year?"  And the it hits me.  We're all different and fit better in some kinds of climate.  The big island of Hawaii is not even two hundred miles around and you can visit over six climate zones on any one day.  OK, 104 (40 C) isn't in that family nor is -40 but from sandy ocean front desert to tropical forest, snow capped mountain through high plans desert. 

Enough travel log; I hope it's getting more livable by now.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:16:38 PM »

I'd love to visit Alaska - so much to see that is different from much of the rest of the world

But I couldn't imagine myself living there

The reason I have for lurking here and on the Microgen/SOMAD site is I sold my house in the (by our standards) cold and windy Manawatu and bought a bare-land block (miles from the power, off the grid etc etc) in the area that has the most sunshine hours every year in New Zealand - the Eastern Bay of Plenty

Best wishes to you tough types up there in the Frozen North - I takes my hat off to you

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »
Snowing here today in the middle of Tennessee. close to 50 degrees Fahrenheit day before yesterday and sunny.  If you don't like the weather here, wait a day or two, it'll change.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous