Puppeteer

Author Topic: More Listeroid fun  (Read 9129 times)

TxBlacksmith

• View Profile
Re: More Listeroid fun
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »
Nice smooth runner there!  ;D

:o Gee, I guess I had better get in line for the shop work... I have some English Iron that needs some reworking.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »
Just a quick word to thank the people that contribute to this blog that actually know what they're talking about.  Refreshing!

Casey

Yeah.  Second that.  So much learning done just by reading all this.  Much appreciated

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »
The fuel lines and filter are via the owner the fittings are the AN type, JIC would be functionally the same. Left up to my own devises I use the supplied filter and lines but modify the housing for a replaceable element.

Yeah, would be JIC down here. Customer might be a young chap and worried that the wicked vibrations will degrade the steel lines over the estimated 70-year lifespan of his new workhorse :)

Steve Oz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 05:54:14 AM »
I am the owner of the engine. It may be the only one I ever work on. 38ac is going over it after I did everything I could. For such a "simple" engine, there is a lot to know. I've learned a lot by messing up. Lucky, no stitches were needed. I have a lot of respect for the skill you all have for engine building. It is really sweet to see it run after an expert has worked it over.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »
G'day Steve - there's a good chance the engine will out-live you!  Mine is almost eighty years old

Congratulations on what looks like a very good and careful build   :)