Author Topic: OLd Style Lister is back again?  (Read 5966 times)

Dave

• View Profile
OLd Style Lister is back again?
« on: July 19, 2006, 02:50:19 AM »
Just saw that Old Style Lister is back again in case any one cares.

Procrustes

• View Profile
Re: OLd Style Lister is back again?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:08:15 AM »
In a manner of speaking.  Power Anand has assumed the domain.  If memory serves, last I heard OSL claimed to be near bankruptcy because of sand-filled engines from Anand.  Can someone refresh my memory?  (I don't wish to disparage Anand, I may well remember this wrong.)

Doug

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:28:23 AM »
I heard he pulled the pin because a back injury left him unable to work.

Doug

Halfnuts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:18 AM »
That's the "official" story, however the timing and the frank admission on his website that he had a load of sandy engines were too coincidental for some skeptics.

halfnuts

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:28:48 AM »
Me thinks he had more mad than glad customers...ebay pulled the account, which is a shame.  It was entertaining to see the self-administered feed-back and perfectly transparent shill bidding. I was one of the ones he tried it on and I turned him in....along with a bunch of others.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 01:50:31 AM »
I had no idea he was such an unsavory fellow. Glad he's out....

Doug

cranelift

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 03:44:07 PM »
Well just to even things up a bit.
  I purchased my 12/2 and 8 kw from this company and had no problems with the way the deal worked out. I had to change my original order after the wheels were in motion and Willem went out of his way to make it happen. Extra pictures and lots of emails were exchanged by Willem and I before the deal was closed. The engine I received was no worse than what most of you recieved,(crud in the sump, cleaned up fine) but I would not say it was filled with sand. Most likely it was not of the same lot as the sand filled engines. Anyway, I was happy with my dealings with Old Style Listers.   
 As for Willems dealings on this forem and E Bay etc., well you have a right to your opinions. He is after all, a salesman.  Be safe,  Steve
  ps I heard he was hurt at work, makes no difference eitherway.
Powerline 12/2  8KW st head

Doug

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 02:52:49 AM »
Ethics....
Quality control....
Safety...
Suport....
Transparency...

These are the qualities that makes repeat sales. At some point some fellow is going to step forward with an EPA engine, warrrantee, engineered gaurds and and the right combination of salesmanship, honesty and people skills.
Well say remember the days when Listeroids were roll of the dice...

Doug 

titanium1927

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 05:34:56 AM »
I would also like to even things up a bit.
   As Steve, I also purchased an engine and st head from willem at old style listers and everything went smooth. The engine did have nasty looking black oil in the sump but, no sand and cleaned out on my first oil change. One of my rocker studs was bent from shipping and I notified ols right away and was shipped a new replacement part without any questions and no charges. The engines that powerline is building for old style listers shows that India can produce quality engines for their customers. Willem has changed the way for others to do better. Sorry to hear he got hurt. Wish him a speedy recovery.