Author Topic: Listeroid set  (Read 6797 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Listeroid set
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Pretty nice skid mounts gen set for sale. Cost you at least 2x to build one like it. Not mine just passing along info

https://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/136075/cat/all

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:13:41 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Listeroid set
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
Looks pretty neat.  I wonder what it's worth?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
Possibly the best post on this site yet, totally vindicates my view on the sites humour.

Cheers Glort

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 05:13:55 AM »
I saw that ad  today, if I could swing afford it, it would power my barn/woodshop. :'( You know, it seems like more and more of these things are coming up for sale lately. Or is it just me?
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »
Hi Ron

Seems there's quite a few popping up on Ebay UK as well, I'm sure there's a cycle in all things, maybe the Lister curve is at the lower end?

Land Rovers - in which I also have an interest - are near the top of their's, all the 'wise ones' are trumpeting how rare they are now that production has stopped, quite a few 50's models requiring restoration worthy of a Bugatti are being shipped over from Aus, opportunity for you, Glort?

Maybe I should be touring the UK and scooping up the Lister bargains as a hedge against the Brexit shaped hole the UK is said to be risking!

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
There are LOTS of unused/barely used Listeroids around that are left over from dreams that never materialized, thats for sure. Problem is most who own them think they are worth 2-3x what the market says they are worth. Whenever i renew my CL ad I always get many offers to buy them for 3-4k LOL. I have never seen one bring over $900 at a live auction and that was a NOS  Metro 12/2. I haven't followed one on ebay for quite some time so don't know how they are doing there.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:37:06 AM »
One of my friends bought an 8/1 roid (maybe a GM90?I dunno it's a lot smaller than my 8/1) and a petter type never started at an online auction here back in the summer for around $350-400 bucks each. I had to drive 500 miles to get mine! But for about the same money all told.
Ron.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:39:32 AM by vdubnut62 »
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rdbates1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
I'm new to the forum and have just started searching for a CS and can't seem to find much of anything let alone close to home in Oregon.  Where are you guys seeing them at auction?

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:07 AM »
I'm new to the forum and have just started searching for a CS and can't seem to find much of anything let alone close to home in Oregon.  Where are you guys seeing them at auction?

Doesn't someone on this forum have one for sale in Washington State? Sure I saw that the other date. Steve someone...?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

rdbates1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »
I'll do some searching.  Thanks!