Author Topic: We're back! Thank heavens, I can breathe again.  (Read 3896 times)

guest22972

We're back! Thank heavens, I can breathe again.
« on: January 09, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »

That sure was a long outage.

The MC site hits took a big spiral as everyone went there to see what was going on.  Probably die in the arse again now we are back up and running

I feel a peace and calm returning to my miserable days.......  ;D

TxBlacksmith

• View Profile
Re: We're back! Thank heavens, I can breathe again.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
 ??? O.K.  fill in the gap for this old ignorant fool... what is the "MC site"?   I only have a few sites I check every day, and when this one went down, I went into withdrawal.... :'(

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:08:18 PM »
MC= The Micro Cogen site, its sorta kinda like a step brother to this one
Some history as I know it,, some kinda sketchy
This site has existed twice, the first time it had troubles with some pretty wild posters, some real bad moderation and I think also had funding issues? About the time I came onto the scene this site went down and was gone a while and everyone went to the MicroCogen site because its kinda like the only alternative.   Then this site was brought back on line and became the engine guys goto site. While the Cogen guys stayed over there.  There is, or was some common ownership, not sure where all that lies now.  Micro Cogen has mostly gone away and they dont get much traffic over there now unless this site is down.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:38:53 PM »
Glort,
Not sure if you were here prior to the " blow up" ? I know that some of the guys who are here now  were here long before me and went through it..  The moderation thing can go both ways overboard.  I looked at some of the posts on the internet archives and it got  nasty,, real nasty.

Personally I  come here mostly for the facts and little for the community hug if you get my drift?  I can deal with  Banter and off topic and personal attack by simply not reading it but others think that they must read it all and then get offended.  I see their point too.

Anyway I do like the moderation here, kudos to whomever you are and thanks for preforming a (mostly) thankless job.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
Really?

REALLY?

I've been there (MC) most days for a very long time and missed the whole thing.  No wonder I spend so much of my computer time at YouTube where they read the words to you - out loud.  Some of it probably makes sense.

Cheers,

Casey

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:50:44 PM »
I missed it too.

As Butch said, you don't have to read the bits that get up your locker, by far the larger part of the site is informative, helpful, amusing and occasionally funny.

Most of us mind our P's and Q's and as a result the threads are interesting and diverse with little interference  required, long may it continue, +1 for the unsung moderators.

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 01:41:38 AM »
I missed the LEF terribly. I too wish to thank the admin here for a  job well done.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous