Puppeteer

Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 7616 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Happy New Year!
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
My best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year!

Thanks for all of your inputs and interactions on this forum!

I have enjoyed and learned a lot from the collective knowledge here and am looking forward to a brand new year of supporting Lister/Petter equipment and folks like you, with equipment in operation, or projects in progress, or just gathering the knowledge to be able to be more self-sufficient in the future.

2016 was a very active year for us in the business... 2017 will bring many new opportunities, I am very happy with our progress!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »
Amen dieselgman. 
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »
Same as that, from Darkest France!!

All the best to one and all,

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:44:47 PM »
Yes, happy new year to all and may all your hand cranked diesels start on the first compression stroke.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
Yes, happy new year to all and may all your hand cranked diesels start on the first compression stroke. 

Yes, that is the sweet spot of the day, the first pffft when the fuel takes over.  Looking at a dusting of snow and temps in the teens (F) next week, that will be a test of the engine oil staying oil, not grease.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »

Happy and healthy new year to all.

take care,
Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 01:30:44 AM »
Glad to hear things are moving along smoothly Gary. Wiith out your support LP owners in America would be in a very sad state indeed.

My shop move took waaay longer than expected  and projects  have backlogged. We have a couple CS rebuilds and a lot of bore/sleeve work in attendance. Id like to get a bit of my own stuff going too, LOL
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 02:51:30 AM »
I know the feeling Butch! Never enough time it seems. I know you will enjoy getting back into the shop and getting focused on your projects.

Our whole business has been in transition during all of 2016 with the unexpected purchase and move of the parent company (remnants) and our own expansion into no less than 3 new buildings. Now in early 2017 we will be putting back together the manufacturing/prototyping/assembly/testing facilities we have been given from L/P Americas. We now have a crew working on a brand new facility with large showroom and automated parts system... expanded administrative offices, and extensive new stocks to manage. Learning the insides of several new (to us) product lines... and accommodating the growth, all a challenge and a blessing.

Longer-range I am also entertaining the likely development and assembly of a public/private museum giving a full Lister historical perspective on that company's development and activities in North America... that promises to be loads of fun and may provide a unique record of a successful global technology company. It may also provide an educational opportunity for us when we get around to offering training classes focused on small-scale power generation at our Kansas site.

2017 should be exciting!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 06:27:33 AM »
Best New Year's wishes to everyone here!
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 09:22:55 PM »
Has every one had their Blackeyed Peas and Hog Jaw for the New Year? ;) Not "musical groups", but food!!
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Thob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 03:35:22 AM »
I had my black eyed peas, but you'll have to double up on the hog jaw for me...

Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:26 AM »
We had a roast beef 'Sunday' dinner up here!

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »
We had a wiener roast.  Probably the last pit fire this season - The dry one.  Normally it's already too dry but we've had a very pleasant wet kind of December.  Listened to the neighbors finish their salutes to last year and welcoming in the new one with more fireworks than they use for independence day.  Back home, near Seattle they were wandering around in a rare sticking snow.  It would be tough to go back.  It's nice to feel good about major decisions 16 years later.

There were no conversations about the future.  We're just peeking at our 70's but the average age of the rest of the group was close to 30.  And no future talk.  Strange.

Is it time for us to have a future talk?  Goals and attainable objectives that get them accomplished?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 03:34:01 AM »
Hog Jaw is really very good, the "proper" name is Smoked Jowl. It's taste is like bacon, just not as lean.  I don't know why, but country folks here say that eating Hog Jaw and Blackeyed Peas on New Years Day brings health and prosperity for the new year. 

And evidently I'm superstitious ::)
Ron.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 06:57:03 AM »
Nothing wrong with a bit of superstition, Ron

I count magpies, bless those who sneeze, won't pick up a dropped knife, put shoes on the table, walk around ladders and Lord knows what else.

Most of them are based on something, shoes on the table is very Northamptonshire, where I come from originally, where for many years everyone was involved in the boot and shoe industry, and probably means that you'd be showing the neighbours that you were poor and did 'outwork' to make ends meet,
Around your way having something to eat after Christmas may well have been a luxury for some folks and showed that you were set up for the lean months 'til spring.

Anyway, superstition has got me through the thick end of 62 years so far, I ain't stopping now, touch wood!

Cheers Stef