Author Topic: Lister 12volt intake heaters.  (Read 8455 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Lister 12volt intake heaters.
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:32:46 AM »
I have been cleaning up old stocks here... and we have a large surplus of slightly used inlet preheaters (heater plugs) that are presently just going to waste. These are 12 volt military take-offs that are basically unused although maybe blemished and dirty from original installation. These are the heavy-duty versions. We have already discarded anything that had any signs of wear and tear so they are guaranteed good. These could be used for your projects with just about any type of engine that needed a little cold-weather starting assist. All you need is a 12 volt battery and a little simple wiring to make these work.

Lister has them priced at $100 a copy... I will give them away for a simple handling fee of $10 plus post. Large quantity available.
You may message me on this board or preferable email to gary@dieselgen.com

The picture below is of an identical brand new unit for clarity of identification. Part number 363102, 186-6264, 11-720-209 etc..

Screw body is isolated from the electrical circuit!

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:47:46 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Lister 12volt intake heaters.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:56:03 AM »
Interested, but get a 404 on the link.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 03:02:34 AM »
Try it again please... I can't believe the amount of trouble I'm having with Microsoft now.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:14:46 AM by dieselgman »

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 03:28:51 AM »
I don't see a link, but the pic shows a nice spiral element - any idea of how many amps it pulls?   
What's the SOP, preheat for 10 sec, then crank ?,

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
I don't find any reference to current rating, but these are made by Bosch and Beru and used in DAF diesel trucks as well as many other common applications.
The military Onan/Listers use one per cylinder for very responsive preheat times.

They can be either operator controlled via toggle switch, or on ignition delay timers... 5 seconds produces a nice hot element, 10 seconds - glowing red. Anything beyond the 10 seconds will probably shorten their life or burn them out... much like glow-plugs.

On wiring, please note that the circuit is isolated from the outer screw body... it has an insulator that isolates the ground from the manifold.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:48:52 PM by dieselgman »

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
Please note the updates to prior posts on these plugs. After a little experimenting with some of them I noted a few things that were not previously mentioned nor fully tested. You will need to use a ring terminal connection under the insulator as well as above it (on the main terminal) to make up a complete circuit - quite simple, but not completely apparent on first inspection. These are not configured like glow-plugs nor like spark plugs, they have isolated grounds.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:47:07 PM by dieselgman »

wheelMA1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:53 AM »
Is this offer still available? I have numerous military sets that I would love to have glow plugs set up for. All powered by either LPW2 or LPW4 (but rebranded Onan). I have one LPW2 that just came in, thats experiencing a poor start condition during cold weather. Thanks