Puppeteer

Author Topic: 10/1 Fuel Pump Not Working  (Read 2507 times)

Listerational

• View Profile
10/1 Fuel Pump Not Working
« on: November 19, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »
Hello,

There is no fuel coming out of the fuel pump of my "Powerline" 10/1 while cranking. I checked and there is fuel flowing into it. Before I take it apart can someone please recommend the things that I should consider? Like replacing parts inside the pump while I have it disassembled?
Here is the info that I have on the pump
 MICO   INDIA
LIC. BOSCH
9410032  032
BDC = 9.7 +/- 0.4

?B158?

Thanks for all of the help.

Jim

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: 10/1 Fuel Pump Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 06:06:07 PM »
The most common problem is an air bubble in the pump, but you knew that already, right?  Bleed and remove the high pressure line, then rock flywheel back and forth with the decompression lifter in place.  You should get a squirt and no bubbles.  Don't bother putting the line back on until you've got a squirt. 

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: 10/1 Fuel Pump Not Working
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »
Check that your fuel rack is free moving and in the fully open (excess fuel) position when trying to start up. If you tap on the fuel lines slightly, it can help move any air bubbles out of the system. If you cannot get any squirt out the top of the pump, then you can pull the pump cap and remove the delivery valve. Once this is done, and you rotate the engine slowly, the fuel should flow freely through the pump when the engine is in the right position. I have fought a few of them in my day, sometimes difficult to find the rhyme or reason behind an air lock. Once the air is out, you should be good to go. A dry or sticky pump can really give trouble.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations