Puppeteer

Author Topic: Cheap 10Kva generators in West Australia  (Read 2161 times)

oldgoat

• View Profile
Cheap 10Kva generators in West Australia
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
Looking in Grays online auction site I see Coates the hire firm is disposing of about 20 lighting tower generators. All 1500 rpm and driven by cat or perkins 3 cylinder diesels these would have a lot of hours on them I guess so an inspection would be necessary. But at $69.00 for the dearest the last time I looked these could be a good buy.

oldgoat

• View Profile
Re: Cheap 10Kva generators in West Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »
I have been keeping my eye open for something about 10 Kva to run my plasma cutter in my workshed. At the moment I use a 60 year old 4Kva S.O.M. Because it doesn't have the later transformer regulator it requires a bit of patience when you whack a sudden load on it is just a bit slow to respond or gives up and drops out the contactorand sulks, a bit like me who is just a bit older than it. The plasma will run at 30 amps on an 8Kva petrol generator and sometimes I would like to cut something a bit thicker than 0.25 in plate. The compressor is powered by an LD1 which is a lot more reliable at starting than the B&S it used to have. The workshop is about 1/2 Km from the house and the original quote to run the power would have required a casket win to finance it.