Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister L on Ebay  (Read 8874 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Lister L on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »
If that one sells for the buy it now price I will have two Ls for sale shortly ;)
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »
I guess that discredited the (very likely the only one in the USA) part of his description.

If that one sells for the buy it now price I will have two Ls for sale shortly ;)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:23:57 PM »
Yup, quite a few more than one L inn the states

My model L balltop

and my TL ( twin L)

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:22 AM »
Did you rescue these from Amish homesteads?

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »
No, all of  my non-diesel Listers are  Canucks. The balltop L came from Saskatchewan, the TL and the D came from Ontario. The Amish used American built gasoline engines for the most part until they started using Hondas 25 years ago., at least the one's around here.

Yesterday we moved the last load of engines to the new place. FINNALY! I have all my stuff at one location.  The little D is on the back, TL up front. The engine in the middle is a 8HP  Bamford diesel that came from near Arthur ILL. and was Amish owned.  Sorry for kinda hi-jacking your thread Jake.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »
Wow, that is sure nuff some pretty iron ya got there Butch!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
Marvelous eye candy, 38ac.  I am especially enamored with your Bamfords-  enjoyed your single cylinder Bamford rebuild thread greatly. 

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
No harm done I was just mentioning the ebay auction for bs sake, glad it went the direction it did!! The pictures on my phone didn't do that trailer load justice! It would have been ashamed if you made a wrong turn and ended up in MD. ;D don't worry I would have been there to help you out if you didn't want to take it all back with you.
No, all of  my non-diesel Listers are  Canucks. The balltop L came from Saskatchewan, the TL and the D came from Ontario. The Amish used American built gasoline engines for the most part until they started using Hondas 25 years ago., at least the one's around here.

Yesterday we moved the last load of engines to the new place. FINNALY! I have all my stuff at one location.  The little D is on the back, TL up front. The engine in the middle is a 8HP  Bamford diesel that came from near Arthur ILL. and was Amish owned.  Sorry for kinda hi-jacking your thread Jake.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:46:31 PM by Jake65mm »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:16 PM »
,,and lowered once more,, about 10 auctions down the road it should be priced about right, ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lister-Model-L-5-HP-Hit-Miss-engine-/222209692310?hash=item33bcbad296:g:3EUAAOSwqfNXiQyL

TxBlacksmith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
For those of us new to this, I honestly have no idea...whats that engine really worth in the U.S. market?
And while I am asking...what about that Bamford of yours...are parts readily available.interchangeable for these?
I have never seen one at an engine show, down here in Texas   ???

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »
Model Ls have been trading hands less than 2K. Not many TLs around to compare, I gave $1500 for my TL but it was in very poor shape when I got it. I wouldnt know where to price the Bamford?   Z4s are not easy to find like the much more common Z2 it would take a large pile of greens to get the Z4 away from me,, but that doesn't mean it is worth that much, LOL There are practically zero Bamford parts. I have the head gaskets reproduced and keep them in stock, valves are made from blanks. Rod bearings are either poured or adapted from John Deere bearings depending on model. Used pistons are ground back to round, ring grooves recut and we sleeve the engine to fit the piston. I bought the last stock of injector tips that Bosch had here in the states. Fuel pump parts are ;arge;lythe same as a CS Lister.