Puppeteer

Author Topic: Blasphemy..... Solar power.  (Read 149310 times)

starfire

• View Profile
Re: Blasphemy..... Solar power.
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2017, 11:17:21 PM »
Glort is a worry. Electrocution has been mentioned, or perhaps hes fallen of the roof? Or hes incinerated his self with another oil burner experiment....
It will be very quiet in Australia right now....

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2017, 11:20:58 PM »
Actually Mike, was looking on Trademe last night, you/me can buy a Prius for around $3500nz for the whole car! Thats the same price as a new battery pack... wierd.

Samo

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »
I gave up smoking as a teenager, started again a few years back. I was becoming concerned I may live too long and end up with Alzheimers, dementia, arthritis, or 100 other horrible age related diseases. The tobacco companies promise a timely and quick  death, heart attack or anurism....  I hope they are correct and I wont have to sue them for false and misleading advertising

Hey Starfire,

My wife and kids laughed out loud at this! Thought it was something our grandfather would say! 2 kindred spirits?

Samo
Lister CS 12/2 & JKSON 10/1 Listeroid

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:32 AM »
Actually Mike, was looking on Trademe last night, you/me can buy a Prius for around $3500nz for the whole car! Thats the same price as a new battery pack... wierd.

It's OK for you to do that cos you know how to tinker with electronics to whip it into shape

I'm better off with a few old lead-acids and a hygrometer . . .

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
Interesting plan.  I started having more plant based meals and fewer of them to avoid a tough death and you went back to tobacco.  I had to laugh too.  I just can't let go of the self righteousness.  I do know that if I were to ever go to prison the first thing I'd do is buy a carton of Lucky Strikes.  I always enjoyed smoking after sex.

Uber and Lyft have really put tremendous pressure on the Afghanistan and Indian Foreign Legions here in the states.  They too use the Prius Command Cars.  They'd probably like to teach school as well but they only have doctorates in Nuclear Energy.

OK, back to topic.  I'm seeing more and more articles about distributed solar energy programs.  This is really refreshing for us Elon fans.  I just don't understand the loyalty to fossil fuels?  If this doesn't get glort out then we need to send a team in as he's being held for ransom or something even worse.  You know I was thinking electrical shock from one of his lamp cord infrastructure programs too.  Almost scary.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
Prius would be a huge improvement in mileage for a city taxi. All those starts, stops, and sitting are ideal for it.  Smart choice for that application.  Too much down time for charging all electric cars until some better battery tech comes along.

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »
Interesting plan.  I started having more plant based meals and fewer of them to avoid a tough death and you went back to tobacco.  I had to laugh too.  I just can't let go of the self righteousness.  I do know that if I were to ever go to prison the first thing I'd do is buy a carton of Lucky Strikes.  I always enjoyed smoking after sex.

Im told vegetarians really dont live any longer, it just seems that way. 
I think having sex in prison may take  a bit more than a packet of lucky strikes to settle the nerves.... or did you not intend to connect the two?
A local lass here was once asked if she smoked after sex.... she said she had never looked.
We need Glort back to keep this on topic.....

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
"  You know I was thinking electrical shock from one of his lamp cord infrastructure programs too.  Almost scary  "

I wonder if someone should go check up on him - maybe his wife ran out of patience and drove a sharpened knitting needle into his brain while he slept?

Joking aside, I hope he's OK.  The forum wouldn't be the same . . .

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2017, 06:53:26 AM »
Welcome Back!

Whilst you were away I took to scanning the Aussie news to see if you'd made the obituaries, found this and wondered if you'd overdone the role of taste tester..........

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/were-like-f-you-woolworths-perth-mum-raking-in-8000-a-day-on-amazon-welcomes-aussie-launch/news-story/6dc2ff9835b1bc2710ce1a44635191cb

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2017, 07:41:57 AM »
Yeah, bring a note next time, we were all worried about you Glort. Just going away like that and not telling anyone. We were worried sick.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
Nice long rant to scroll happily past - all back to normal.  Excellent

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »
And hes totally ruined the competition for the free tee shirt.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2017, 05:57:56 PM »
I tried to read the whole thing.  But the contest crash was such a downer I just couldn't focus. 

So did Lassie eat the Environmental Impact Statement and save Australia from going all renewable?

A bad connection.  Who would have guessed?  I've found if I spend more time tightening things down a second time around rather than trying to set my keyboard on fire I have fewer fires.  Sort of fighting fire without fire.

Are you sure you weren't consulting with Trump about a technological  break through code named Coal Fired Magic?  My contest entry suggestion.

OK, PC Leader:

Welcome back glort.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
You have to hand it to Elon Musk - he may have a weird name, and he may have made his fortune by creating the evil entity known as PayPal (in fairness, it only got really evil when eBay got their hands on it); but right here right now he's driving a one-company revolution in electric storage/EVs/etc. Sure, we can all snicker at the home sized Tesla battery; but this thing he's build in Australia is the model of things to come.

When we're all driving around in EVs, ever garage (gas station) in the land is going to need one of those things - not quite as big, granted, but still pretty big - to prevent grid overloads when rapid-charging EVs. Personally, i can't wait for EVs to become sufficiently commonplace that owning one ceases to be a "range anxiety" gamble, because you know even if it's not fully charged, you can top-up en route. I'd even buy one of those Tesla Model 3s, if they ever manage to make them in quantity. I'd like to retrofit my Jag XJ12 even more... and I can use the old 6 litre V12 in my racing car then.

For years, there's been dreamers (like me) of an electric future. Musk, love him or loathe him, is out there making it happen. Good on him.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.