Author Topic: Lister 40hp  (Read 3748 times)

Gippslander

• View Profile
Lister 40hp
« on: March 21, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »
I was at a farm clearing sale last Sunday, old tractors like a steel wheeled Farmall etc and 40 unrestored stationary engines , some really old petrol Listers . Most of them sold for $100 to $200 . Many of them had parts missing .

There was a old 1940's ? 4 cyl ( or was it 6 cyl ) diesel Lister 40HP driving a big alternator , it was housed in a large shed sitting on the ground . A International bulldozer . I bought a box of NOS oil seals for $10 , must be 50 in the box .
Gippsland is in the S.E. corner of mainland Australia

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister 40hp
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
Sounds likes a dream! I hope that someone gets that stuff who can appreciate its intrinsic value despite low auction prices.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Gippslander

• View Profile
Re: Lister 40hp
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »
Sounds likes a dream! I hope that someone gets that stuff who can appreciate its intrinsic value despite low auction prices.

dieselgman

Hi

I fear that some of the stuff was bought by dealers who will double the price and resell .

My neighbour was at the auction, he bought a MONO screw pump for $50 , with a single cyl. diesel engine . The MONO pump brand is Australian, they are still in business . The impeller is a screw shape , like a archemedies screw ?

Some of the stationary engines were Australian brands . Sundial was one I spotted .
Gippsland is in the S.E. corner of mainland Australia