Author Topic: it has been ahile....  (Read 5816 times)

sid

• View Profile
it has been ahile....
« on: November 23, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
it has been a year since I have posted.. amazing how time goes by......I check on the forum and found out that I joined 10 years ago...must have been  before we had a lot members,,,,,checked on a few of the old timers and most have been silent for years,Hotater,Doug. guyfaulks etc.I think mobile Bob is still around miss the old times...we sure had some interesting members......during this time, age is slowly catching up with me.....I do not mind that as much as loosing my desire to build engines etc....it is more fun to play with the grand kids...I missed one of my favorite trips this year to Portland Indiana in may. always meet up with 38ac for a day of shopping..sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

vdubnut62

• View Profile
Re: it has been ahile....
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:10:39 AM »
Glad you stopped by to say "Hey"! Only been a member for about 6 years myself.
   Grandkids are sho nuff addicting. Engines just don't give hugs and love you back. ::)
Ron.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:12:34 AM by vdubnut62 »
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

sid

• View Profile
Re: it has been while....
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:04:16 AM »
A little more of what has been going on.......I still have about 8 large antique engines, about half are hit and miss.the biggest is a 15 hp Fairbanks,,,,,about 3000 lbs, runs like a watch..on a 14 ft. trailer....my old friend is 93 and we have traveled around the south east for 30 years....he had about 80 engines,.....a few years back he gave his friends one. I got first pick...did not want too but I finally picked a 1 1/2 sattley... still left him with about 70...most of his were smaller ones...this summer he decided that he had no one to in his family that knew or wanted old engines....they were just scrap to his family.I stop over one a week to take him to lunch,this day he said come look at some engines....I went home with 9 engines,  Iron horse, Johnson.reo,bradford,Waukesha ,etc...a week  ago I stopped in this time I went home with 13 more....all he said was I do not want them to go for junk.....I would of given anything to have these 30 years ago....... hopefully my son will keep and take care of them.......I use to go to about 15 engine shows a year. from south Florida to Indiana and stay about 5-7 days.. the last few years I noticed I only go to 4 or 5 and stay about 1-2 days... does not takes as long to see everything,,, just not as fun as it use to be.......my favorite engine and set up is a corm mill on a 18  ft. trailer....with a Desjardin hit and miss engine....I usually take it the Ga. Nation Fair for 11 days in the fall......I still own a 8 hp lister clone and a 3 1/2  hp petter......still love old engines but we all slow down...sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc