Author Topic: Bosch injector pump  (Read 4503 times)

honda lee

• View Profile
Bosch injector pump
« on: November 20, 2015, 02:32:15 AM »
I have a question about the injector pump on my new Witte generator set. It has set in a barn for twenty plus years and I am trying to prime the fuel system, opened screw and bled fuel to pump and disconnected fuel line at injector inlet. Turning engine over but no fuel coming out,
Any suggestions?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Bosch injector pump
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:36:37 AM »
In general, need to open delivery valves to allow a manual flush of the fuel system. Biodiesel is quite good at dissolving fuel residue - (slowly)... Xylene or similar product (very rapid) is also sometimes used in very difficult cases. Chemical safety procedures are recommended/required for the strong and toxic stuff. In some cases pumps must be dismantled for thorough cleaning, and if there has been any water contamination, probable parts replacement.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
First thing is be careful with that Witte pump. Replacements are not easily obtained.  
Along with what Gary said the first and second questions are does the rack move? and was it forced at some point  to get it to move?
Reason being is if the rack moves on an engine that was sat that long it means one of two things, either the element is free OR the operator has been broken off when the rack was forced to move.

Remove the high pressure line and under it the fitting/ retainer for the delivery valve. Note that there is a spring under it don't lose it. Lift the delivery valve off of it's seat with your fingers or GENTLY wiggle it wit needle nose pliers if stuck. Once removed look at the seating surfaces, if pitted the pump wont work. If OK turn the engine so it is not at the fuel injection point. BDC of either stroke is fine. Then turn the fuel on and if fuel does not appear suspect stuck element or operator. If fuel appears then when all air disappears reassemble the delivery valve. Then crank the engine with rack fully open. If fuel appears inspurts you are good to go as for the pump. If it is not pumped the pump must be removed, disassembled and stuck or broken parts repaired.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:54:05 AM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
Ooops post >:(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:53:39 AM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
I am not familiar with names of parts on pump but, if by the rack you mean the throttle that is attached to governor it was stuck. I sprayed bolt ease on it about three times a day for 4 or 5 days then gave it a little tap and it broke free. I continued to put the bolt ease on it and worked it a bit and now it feels just like to be ones on my other engines.
I will take the high pressure line at pump and see what I can see and try to follow your instructions.
The Bosch pump looks just like the pumps on my listers but, they are not interchangeable?

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 08:48:50 PM »
Houston we have lift off!!
I followed instructions given then put everything back together and as soon as I had enough poop to get through a compression stroke we had lift off. I also power at generator :D
That sucker is loud and smoky!
I plan on building my generator room in the spring and it will have a permanent place for my witte genset, listeroid 25/2 with 15kw gen head,lister 5/1 for charging batteries, chanfa with 10 kW gen head, and I am undecided on my 1965 37hp
3 cylinder air cooled lister genset, this will also be my battery and inverter room. I know just what it is going to look like and can't wait to get it done!