Puppeteer

Author Topic: Witte/Lister Hybrid?  (Read 1964 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Witte/Lister Hybrid?
« on: October 25, 2015, 01:54:18 AM »
Does anyone know some details about what was done with Witte Engine Corp. when Lister/Petter America bought them out? I was once told that Witte (based in Kansas City), had an engine foundry somewhere in Oklahoma (maybe actually Arrow Engine) and that when they shut down, their molds and plans were all sent overseas. I have never found much additional detail about that except that Arrow is currently using one of their old designs re-branded as an Ajax (or Gemini?). Now that Lister/Petter is shut down here, we have been going through some of their old archives and noted that they had retained the old Witte design and engineering microfilms as well as a few scattered records. Trying to fill in the blanks here.

I have found some very interesting pictures of a couple prototypes (one a packaged genset and another a skidded power unit) that appear with a Lister/Witte logo and the engines themselves appear to be all Witte. They might be a unique hybrid or just re-branded, not certain about that. I just bet there is some history and intrigue involved with these... maybe never meant to see the light of day.

The Lister/Petter Americas attic has proven to be a very interesting place. They did not throw anything away as far as I can discern.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:57:49 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations