Puppeteer

Author Topic: New In crate Lister  (Read 5595 times)

Jake65mm

• View Profile
New In crate Lister
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »
Hello,
I won one of the new in crate 12/2 Listers at that Bob riley auction. My luck it was the more expensive one and the second one sold for way cheaper. But ah well I wanted it so whatever. I would like some pointers of how to prep the engine before starting it, Im new to Lister engines so even if there is something obvious that everybody knows how to do please share. I only bought it to take it to shows so it won't be running with a load, is that going to bad for and cause wet stacking?

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
Re: New In crate Lister
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »
They want to run with a load.

Advise ? Read, read , read then read some more.
Good luck,.
Gary

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 02:23:41 AM »
Jake65mm, don't feel bad about paying more for yours, if you were bidding on the other one the price would have just continued up , the other person that wanted it would have just continued running the price up till it was the same price you paid. Injoy the engine you got, I saw you were bidding on line, where is the engine going?

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:16 AM »
I live in maryland, Im really excited. I actually almost won one of the single cylinders to but I missed it bidding online. I have a lead on a Lister CE engine in decent shape made in england. Have any idea what a good price should be? It was a generator engine so chances are the gen head went bad and the engine still runs fine.
Jake65mm, don't feel bad about paying more for yours, if you were bidding on the other one the price would have just continued up , the other person that wanted it would have just continued running the price up till it was the same price you paid. Injoy the engine you got, I saw you were bidding on line, where is the engine going?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:22:35 AM »
Congrats on that buy... now we know where ALL 8 of them went. None went back to Europe as had been suggested. Any price on a priceless piece of machinery is within reason if you can afford it and it is what you want! Where in the entire world could you find another? Possible, but not very likely, and not available to you and me!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
Just curious I can't see in the pictures if the 12/2's have a fuel filter any where did you notice if they had one?
Congrats on that buy... now we know where ALL 8 of them went. None went back to Europe as had been suggested. Any price on a priceless piece of machinery is within reason if you can afford it and it is what you want! Where in the entire world could you find another? Possible, but not very likely, and not available to you and me!

dieselgman

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »
Yes, the 12/2 units have the small AC particulate filter in-line with the pump supply piping. It is around on the oil filler side and bolted to the fuel tank bracket.
Honestly, that filter is inadequate on its own unless you are very careful with a clean fuel supply to start out with. We like the Racor (Parker) 2 micron with water agglomerator setup best of all. These also have a water alarm contact in some models to alert you before contamination can get pushed past the filters.

dieselgman

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »
On your Lister CE purchase... I would not go that direction unless you have some specific need or desire for the CE. Parts availability is a serious issue for any long-term use of this model outside of "collector's item".

dieselgman

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 01:23:37 AM »
Thanks for the information, Im gonna pass on the CE and keep and eye out for a another CS but single cylinder. What model Racor filter do I need and is it compatible with the stock filter housing?
Yes, the 12/2 units have the small AC particulate filter in-line with the pump supply piping. It is around on the oil filler side and bolted to the fuel tank bracket.
Honestly, that filter is inadequate on its own unless you are very careful with a clean fuel supply to start out with. We like the Racor (Parker) 2 micron with water agglomerator setup best of all. These also have a water alarm contact in some models to alert you before contamination can get pushed past the filters.

dieselgman

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:41:27 AM »
On the Racor filter I believe it had a model designation AP100 and AP110... Parker has changed it up now though. Take a look at any Parker Hannifin listings for their turbine series. These are commonly used in marine and in many emergency backup fuel supply systems everywhere. They combine the water separator and a 2 micron particulate filter.

dieselgman