Puppeteer

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2473 times)

Twinscrew

• View Profile
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:07:17 PM »
Hi all. I'm new to the whole slow speed diesel thing, however I find them facinating. My brother just aquired a 22/2 and my father a 12/1. Both are Indian Listeroids and both have thier issues but pretty cool anyhow. I am the most computer literate of the family (still not very) so I willl be posting pics and developments as they come. Been reading and learning alot. I may end up with my own Listeroid before long. We'll see. Just wanted to say hey. Love the forum. :)

SHIPCHIEF

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:29:47 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of the do it yerselfer.
I see you posted in the general area. We tend to let topics wander 'off topic', so take alot of time and read the older posts, they are a poorly cataloged gold mine of informantion.
Also; try the search fuction when you come across a problem with your engine, power plant or engine room.
You'll notice a certain GuyFawks. He's very interesting and kind of an unofficial engineering professor.
Some very interesting characters.
Have fun.
Scott E
Ashwamegh 25/2 & ST12
Lister SR2 10Kw 'Long Edurance' genset on a 10 gallon sump/skid,
Onan 6.5NH in an old Jeager Compressor trailer and a few CCK's

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 07:22:04 PM »
Welcome Twinscrew.  Good to have you aboard.  Pull up a stool and listen to the Listeroids.  This is a great place to learn from learn from other's mistakes.....and explain your own.   ;D

Be sure to invest in one of George's CDs.....that's another absolute gold mine of ideas and experiences.

7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

kyradawg

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:29:03 PM »
Welcome brother 8)

Peace&Love :D, Darren