Puppeteer

Author Topic: buying new lister low speed engines  (Read 3907 times)

John R Finigan

• View Profile
buying new lister low speed engines
« on: July 12, 2006, 09:31:10 PM »
hi team
New member and could some one tell me which is the best engine to buy a Anand or a lovson as i would like to purchase a few of these engines and have herd a few bad things about indian engines also i have a original lister starto matic 6-1 with only 150 hours on the clock running my new house and doing it for 8 cents per kw hour which has lead me to looking at more units for other propertys

regards   john finigan

emerald

• View Profile
Re: buying new lister low speed engines
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 09:47:42 PM »
Hi John,

Anand and Lovson engines are one in the same. Lovson rebadges and sell the Anand engines. It is typical to see this done in India, few people selling the engines are the actual manufacturer.

Yes, plenty bad stories from India on their engines. But there is some good too. They all need work regardless of who made it and what dealers in the west tell you about theirs being the best. Compared to a genuine CS, the Indian engines are nowhere near the best. Its the money question all over again. For the cost, they are ok. Just be prepared to get dirty and spend a few hours getting the engine right before starting it.

Emerald

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »
if your in England buy a real lister, and save yourself the cost.

If you have a Startomatic, you will not be happy with a Listeroid
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

John R Finigan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 02:01:06 AM »
Hi Emerald

Thanks for that info could i ask what things to look out for when buying an engine as i would like to purchase seven of these engines for putting in my traming huts here in new zealand.
If there is another manufacturer of these engines i would look at it and the cost does not come into it as i want the best.
 These huts are in the moumtains and i have to fly the units in by helicopter.
I hope you dont mind these questions as i am new at buying this type of engine all my dealing with engines have been over 70 hp.

regards   john

lgsracer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:58:12 AM »
John,

George at Utterpower has an associate in New Zealand. Darren Hill, here is his website:

http://thewattshop.co.nz/workshop/lis.htm

Maybe this will be of some help.

Greg