Author Topic: How Big's Your Engine?  (Read 6810 times)

quinnf

How Big's Your Engine?
« on: December 26, 2005, 12:19:29 AM »
Don't know how many of you folks have seen this.  I look at this every now and then and just marvel:

Total engine weight: 2300 tons  (The crankshaft alone weighs 300 tons.)
 Length: 89 feet
 Height: 44 feet
 Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm 
 Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm 

It's at http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Sorta makes one humble, don't it?

Quinn

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: How Big's Your Engine?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 02:15:49 AM »
Is that the new Cadillac or BMW engine??
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 04:22:02 AM »
Would they squirt Permatex gasket goo with a firehose??
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

kpgv

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:45:39 PM »

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »
Now THAT redefines,  "Blowing your top"!!   It took several minutes to comprehend the sequence of pictures.  The second trip  through, (after understanding) is REALLY entertaining.   :o
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

kpgv

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 07:46:29 AM »
Hi All,
I thought this might be an appropriate place for this post.
I've shared this "Listeroid" stuff with an old friend who is a professional racing engine builder and "dizzle" fan.
We had a hoot predicting when the hot rod horsepower race would start. He won :'(.... I said in a few months, he said it already is. ::)
Good, experienced DIY'ers are always going to find their way through the BS, but there are people getting involved in this who might not be trained or experienced mechanics. I think that IS great!!! Nothing like busted knuckles, to offset all that fancy book-learning ;D. I think we can agree that, no matter what the sellers say, these ARE temperamental machines at this point. There are plenty of well equipped, skilled, and experienced people running these now, and they are NOT start'em and forget'em in the "stock" form, and in any form, no matter how technical the "monitoring" or "management" controls one adds, they will NEVER be "hands-off" or " AUTO". The attraction for me, (and maybe others), is there is so much POTENTIAL in these for the price. Thus, I want to encourage those thinking about getting involved in these to NOT get sidetracked by the hyper-technical stuff that gets posted here, or the INAPPROIATE sales pitches. There are some really GOOD HEADS that HAVE experience with these. The ones I speak of DON'T "have a dog in the hunt". There a bunch of "exporters" and "importers" to chose from, some good, some bad, and some downright dangerous! These "Listeroids" are very seductive and COOL, and CAN be as good as the "origionals"(I think). IMPO get e'm to run a fiew K hrs "stock". If you need more power, get a "twin" ;D ;D

Kevin    Â