Author Topic: Got green paint?  (Read 2802 times)

fuelfarmer

• View Profile
Got green paint?
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:15:21 PM »
Hello again. I have not spent a lot of time on this forum for a while. The DES engine project is not moving very fast. but I do plan to get moving again. No, really.

Now about that green paint. A neighbor bought two large oilseed crushing presses from India. Sadly he passes away before he got them set up and running. His wife had called a number of times asking if we would like to buy the presses. I was a little concerned about the usual problems with machines from that part of the world. Just did not want to spend good money on an unknown machine. I also did not want to insult a friend will a low-ball offer. As time passed it was indicated that any offer would be considered.

So we went and looked at the equipment. The presses were BIG, very BIG. And they had that pale green paint, and generous amounts of casting sand flaking off in the gear boxes. How could I not love that. We made an offer of about 1/4 of what they sold for and I think they might follow us home soon. We should get an overhead crane in the shop before we start taking them apart. I see a lot of heavy lifting in the future. And if you need any casting sand I should have a bunch any day now if you don't mind digging it out of a gearbox.

billswan

• View Profile
Re: Got green paint?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:43:14 PM »
Wow

Going to take a bunch of horsepower to run that..............

How much lbs an hour will it munch through????????

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

fuelfarmer

• View Profile
Re: Got green paint?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:19:25 AM »
1000 lbs. per hour. I think it will take 40 to 50 hp.