Author Topic: Ha 4 lost oil pressure after oil service  (Read 9255 times)

dkeav04

• View Profile
Re: Ha 4 lost oil pressure after oil service
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
You probably need a higher post count, you maybe be able to upload it to an image hosting site like imgur.com or photobucket and link it back though.  If not could email/PM it to another member and have them post it for you, until you have enough posts.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
You can post pictures here by embedding the URL link (buttons above - looks like picture frame)... or just give us a location to go and look at your picture/s.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »
I have a theory that at the bottom of the tapping I can see the back of a cam shaft bearing shell. Now I assume it's either been fitted incorrectly or turned in the block. Blowing down the hole does not produce any air from the tapping on the front of the engine. With the engine running a tiny drop of oil forms at the base of the hole.

Have you at this point established oil flow through the oil filter and oil cooler(if fitted), and up to the point where the external oil pipework connects to the crankcase oil gallery?

I assume your referring to the camshaft bearing at the timing gear end. This is a cast iron bearing and is held in place by a hidden dowel pin, and it is possible that it has rotated due to the dowel pin been omitted when it was last rebuilt.

Gensetsteve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 09:39:14 PM »
I have a theory that at the bottom of the tapping I can see the back of a cam shaft bearing shell. Now I assume it's either been fitted incorrectly or turned in the block. Blowing down the hole does not produce any air from the tapping on the front of the engine. With the engine running a tiny drop of oil forms at the base of the hole.

Have you at this point established oil flow through the oil filter and oil cooler(if fitted), and up to the point where the external oil pipework connects to the crankcase oil gallery?

I assume your referring to the camshaft bearing at the timing gear end. This is a cast iron bearing and is held in place by a hidden dowel pin, and it is possible that it has rotated due to the dowel pin been omitted when it was last rebuilt.

there is another drilling on the side of the block that supplies the governor I removed the banjo today and cranked the engine and it squirted up the wall opposite. I am considering cutting and tee piecing into this pipe as a fix. The bearing is on the injection pump drive.