Puppeteer

Author Topic: Good to see what you have done with WMO  (Read 35734 times)

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
Good to see what you have done with WMO
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »
When I first came here everybody told me that I would ruin my engine running it on WMO and there was absolutely nothing on Youtube on it.. My how times have changed.

My health has declined and  don't get around much any more but I thought I would check into the site and contribute an update.

My engine is still running well. I was showing it to somebody the other day and I said it probably would not start because I had not started it in a couple of years. Assume makes an ass out of me LOL, it started up the first time the piston went past TDC. The fuel system has had WMO in it continuously for something like 8 or 9 years so it looks like my method of checking and treating the PH has worked fine. It also shows that WMO does not go bad like diesel and biodiesel do. Great for long term storage. I got an email from an old friend the other day. he had to pay huge amounts of money to dispose of a thousand gallons of bad diesel fuel that went bad. Now he has decided to take my advice and switch to WMO. Not only is it free, it is good forever.

The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

xyzer

• View Profile
Re: Good to see what you have done with WMO
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
rbodell,
Good to hear all worked well for you. Also good to see an "oldtimer" is out there and still kicking!
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »

robodell,

That's good feedback. Thanks for posting.

take good care,
veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

mbryner

• View Profile
    • Marcus & Emily's personal website
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
Glad to hear from you, rbodell.   I ran WMO for one winter and didn't have trouble except for having to clean the injector a few times.    Nice to hear you've run WMO for so long.   I remember people worried about the acids and debris in WMO.   I don't do anything about the acid, but I tried to de-water and clean it by heating and centrifuging.

Marcus
JKson/Powersolutions 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane canister muffler, future off-gridder

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »
Howdy Folks, my burning question is.......  With WMO for fuel is anyone using Synthetic oil and and are you having any issues specifically because of the synthetic oil?

Thank You.

Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »
Hi mactoollover2005,

Typically the synthetics resist ignition due to being designed for extreme temperature conditions.
Here's some info I posted a few years back

http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=5634.0

cheers,
veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
Veggie

TY for the info. Your post pretty well confirmed my thoughts about the synthetic oil, just didnt realize it would be that much of a ignition gap.

Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
Gotta laugh at some of the comments. Some people don't realize that if it works food some and not others, those it didn't  work for, didn't do it right.

I am living off grid and dry in Alaska now. Sure wish I could make power from cold LOL. A 12 volt gasoline generator works best for me at the present. I get 8 hrs/gallon so power only costs about $50 to $75 a month for power. Power here is double every place else. My neighbor has a fan and tv and it costs him $150 a month. I have over 7000 hours on the engine does not burn oil yet. Air cool mower engines are normally good fo a rebuild after 1000

Refrigeration is great. Just cut a hole in the wall into the refrigerator.

I have a 12 volt DC desktop computer and monitor, not an inverter.

I also have an indoor outhouse that doesn't smell in a 12 x 16 cabin.

Oh yes, I only burned 1 1/2 cords of firewood last winter. My neighbors normally burn 10 to 15 cords.

Well, that is about it.
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Good day from down under, generally in Australia it is too hot rather than too cold but I have spent years skiing in very cold climates. How the hell do you keep warm and use so little fuel? You must have the most heavily insulated house on earth or have a geothermal vent under it?

More information please,

Bob

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 06:43:21 PM »
...Oh yes, I only burned 1 1/2 cords of firewood last winter. My neighbors normally burn 10 to 15 cords......

I thought I was doing good with 2.5 cords for a 2400sf house.  What's the secret ?
Super insulated? 
Tiny 5x7 footprint?
Indoor temp of 39F ?

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »
12 inched insulation and 10x14 on the inside. Think about it, at any given time you take up about 3 sq feet of floor space.  What ya gona do with the rest? Heat it? I also use a version of the rocket stove to heat with.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 08:24:57 PM »
Gotta laugh at some of the comments. Some people don't realize that if it works food some and not others, those it didn't  work for, didn't do it right.

I am living off grid and dry in Alaska now. Sure wish I could make power from cold LOL. A 12 volt gasoline generator works best for me at the present. I get 8 hrs/gallon so power only costs about $50 to $75 a month for power. Power here is double every place else. My neighbor has a fan and tv and it costs him $150 a month. I have over 7000 hours on the engine does not burn oil yet. Air cool mower engines are normally good fo a rebuild after 1000

Refrigeration is great. Just cut a hole in the wall into the refrigerator.

I have a 12 volt DC desktop computer and monitor, not an inverter.

I also have an indoor outhouse that doesn't smell in a 12 x 16 cabin.

Oh yes, I only burned 1 1/2 cords of firewood last winter. My neighbors normally burn 10 to 15 cords.

Well, that is about it.

I'd be interested to know what is the petrol engine with 7000 hours on the clock and still running well?  Cheers

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 01:46:18 AM »
That engine is a duromax. Lookup a video from rbodell on youtube to see how I get 8 hrs on a gallon.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 02:54:48 AM »
Hey Bob  B, good to see that you are still kicking!!
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 04:23:53 PM »
I just changed out much of my fuel system on an Isuzu NPR.  I'm blaming WVO.  I'll not go back.  Smelled sweet while running but I'm over the "free" fuel.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245