Puppeteer

Author Topic: some advise please  (Read 20768 times)

stevo42

• View Profile
Re: some advise please
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »
But isn't that 4 HP reduced by half with the 50% smaller pulley on the gen head?

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
No, unless the belt is slipping, there is no penalty for the smaller pulley and higher speed generator head. 

stevo42

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 12:02:37 AM »
Well then, I'll give it a whirl. I'm looking forward to getting the SL2 on line. 

stevo42

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 04:34:04 PM »
I have both engines (Listers SL1 & 2) mounted with their respective generator heads and have been mulling over a muffler system. I have an almost new stock muffler from my 94, Dodge/Cummins PU truck.   Why couldn't I run both exhausts through that, it has a four inch inlet and is humungous. Of course I would have to fab up an adapter, no problem,  Is this a totally crazy idea? Both gen sets might be run at the same time, but not normally.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
I would NOT plumb both into the same pipe.   Inevitably, hot gas from one, will find it's way to the other, and condense inside the cylinder (20% chance the Ex Valve will be open)  And if both are running at same time, you will get weird resonance that may just be funny sounding, or damaging.

stevo42

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
Yah, I figured there would be a reason it wouldn't work. Maybe I'll run the SL1's exhaust through it as thats the one I'll use the most and use another truck muffler for the SL2. Neither unit is going to get much use but I'll keep an eye out for sooting up. I've always just run a straight pipe since we dont have any close neighbors and we cant hear it in the house.