Author Topic: Need parts 2cyl,12 hp 1800rpm. air cooled made in Dursley (SP) England  (Read 5011 times)

Dredge

• View Profile
The generator is coupled to the engine with a fan. I found the Alaska diesel electric/us but the link is not working. Just purchased and want to get running. I live in around Lewiston Idaho. I think it is a 1300s  model I will put the correct model and serial numbers up tomorrrow. Thanks Steve
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 01:32:47 AM by Dredge »

Dredge

• View Profile
Update  the serial number is 1360 S R2Z16 and it was made in Dursley. It runs fine and puts out 120 and 240 volts but I can't tell how many watts.I need a starter as this one is broken on the collar that bolts to the block. Would like to locate a rebuild kit for future use. TIA
      Steve
  I left the fuel tank petcock open and filled the crankcase with oil, is this normal or do I have a loose fuel line. July 10  added/  original oil filter system sucks can anyone point me to an alternitive oil filter system.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:51:04 AM by Dredge »

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Need parts 2cyl,12 hp 1800rpm. air cooled made in Dursley (SP) England
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »
We have lots of parts and expertise for your Lister SR! Let me know what your current questions and needs are and I will respond.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:49:27 AM »
We have rebuild kits and starters for your model in stock.

As to the crankcase fuel dilution issue... does the machine use a lift pump or gravity feed? If lift pump, then it may have a broken diaphragm that would account for crankcase filling. More than likely though, one of the internal fuel lines is leaking or one of the delivery valve seals has failed. I have seen many of the fuel line problems over the years and we frequently replace the lines. Your delivery valves are a part of f.i. pump kits and always replaced when rebuilding those pumps. You can open the fuel pump door and inspect lines and also run the engine with covers open to inspect condition of fuel system as to leakage.

Hope this helps zero in to a proper diagnosis.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listerdiesel

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »
Update  the serial number is 1360 S R2Z16 and it was made in Dursley. It runs fine and puts out 120 and 240 volts but I can't tell how many watts.I need a starter as this one is broken on the collar that bolts to the block. Would like to locate a rebuild kit for future use. TIA
      Steve
  I left the fuel tank petcock open and filled the crankcase with oil, is this normal or do I have a loose fuel line. July 10  added/  original oil filter system sucks can anyone point me to an alternitive oil filter system.

1360 should be the engine serial #
SR is the engine series
2 is the number of cylinders
Z is reverse rotation (comparted with UK standard)
16 is the year of manufacture, 1966

You have a fuel leak into the sump by the sound of things, check the banjo bolts on the fuel pumps etc. As all the injection stuff is inside, any leakage rapidly builds up the oil level :-))

I don't think an external oil filter was available for the SR, but the ST did have one and that may well be adaptable, you'd need to look at the relative points re fitting etc.

Peter