Author Topic: HR3MA Starter  (Read 3730 times)

tmcmurran

• View Profile
HR3MA Starter
« on: August 17, 2014, 02:19:25 AM »
Looking for a place to buy a new or used starter motor.  Mine seems to be a little weak after the battery going down and she started to throw off white smoke from something burning up inside.  Rather replace now than when winter hits since this is our primary power source.

Any ideas?

Thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: HR3MA Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:38:06 AM »
Your location?

The shipping costs on heavy starter motors can get a little pricey.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

tmcmurran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 03:03:16 AM »
Not too worried about that.  I wind up paying through the nose as it is and deal with it, but I am in Labrador, Canada.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »
A gear-reduction model is probably your best bet on your Lister HR3M. We can offer from the US Midwest if you would like.

We accept orders via email.  gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

tmcmurran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
A gear-reduction model is probably your best bet on your Lister HR3M. We can offer from the US Midwest if you would like.

We accept orders via email.  gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

I will email off a few photo's of it today.  The number on the plate as best as I could tell is 1012 50132121369  Second last number could be a 5 as it has been painted over a few times.

Thanks

Tim

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Include your spacer... if it is for Lucas it will be different (thinner) than the Delco variant.

Having run a lot of HR3s and smoked a lot of starter motors... I would have to recommend changing over to the gear-reduction type for their better handling of the high-torque required.

dieselgman

tmcmurran

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »
Include your spacer... if it is for Lucas it will be different (thinner) than the Delco variant.

Having run a lot of HR3s and smoked a lot of starter motors... I would have to recommend changing over to the gear-reduction type for their better handling of the high-torque required.

dieselgman

I emailed you a few images.  Hope they are enough since I will be out of town for a week and not too sure if the other half would know what to take additional images of :)  She is lucky to get it going right now since even with a large commercial battery we will need to add a booster box to get it to roll over enough to catch.  :(