Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister FR2 for Sale Vancouver BC  (Read 8127 times)

westcoaster

• View Profile
Lister FR2 for Sale Vancouver BC
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »
Absolute nothing has happened with this little FR2 project so I think it's time to move it along to someone who can do something with this.

Lister FR2 and steel stand. was set up as a generator before the scrap vultures made off with several bits. (between the first time I saw it and when I managed to get it)

Original thread here:
http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=5475.msg65476#msg65476

Engine is free with good looking bores, no piston rings on the pistons. One valve spring was weak and was slapping in the head. This rounded the valve and valve seat.
I freed up the compression change over valves. Missing valve cover and ??box (under the valve cover) missing variable governor, and copper fuel return lines and oil lines. Exhaust manifold was broken in the process of the salvage operation.
I have the rag joint and matching end for a generator head. (just no head)

I'd love to get a $1,000,000.00 for it but I think I'll be trying to sell it for an awful long time. Open to offers/ value suggestions.

Can get pictures upon request.

westcoasterz (at) g mail {dot} com

westcoaster

• View Profile
Re: Lister FR2 for Sale Vancouver BC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »
.... Or am I better off parting this thing out?

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »
It would be a shame to break this engine, as it will be a rare engine in your part of the world.

I suggest that you try this UK based ebay seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lister-Lister-Blackstone-FR3-FR6-cylinder-head-/360989160110

As he has been breaking a succession of FR6 and FR4 engines for some time now, and been as the bulk of the  parts you describe missing are Aluminium, surely postage will not be that expensive.

He did have a variable governor, and I am sure that most of the copper pipework you require he could assist with, because as you would expect these FR engines have a high degree of parts interchangeability.

I also notice that Sleeman and Hawken have a new FR exhaust manifold they are presently listing on ebay, together loads of other FR stuff  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LISTER-FR-ENGINE-2-cyl-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-DRY-292-21001-/261209775029

westcoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:39:05 AM »
Sadly, I have to move this thing before December or it'll suffer the same fate as the bits that were robbed off it...

Links to other websites that may have an interest in this?

westcoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:44 AM »
SOLD!!

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
Congrats.  Always nice to see a deal work out.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.