Author Topic: CL - Witte Generator (near Fairbanks, AK)  (Read 5249 times)

deeiche

• View Profile
CL - Witte Generator (near Fairbanks, AK)
« on: June 21, 2014, 03:56:29 PM »
found this one today

Witte Generator (Angel Creek Lodge)

8 KW Witte Generator - runs great. I also have crankcases, rods, pistons starters, fly wheels and other misc. parts.
Located at Angel Creek Lodge, 50 mile Chena Hot Springs Road. One hour out of Fairbanks.
Call on the telephone only, no e-mails or texts

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: CL - Witte Generator (near Fairbanks, AK)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
Pretty close to my place up there... that will sell quickly to someone in that area. Shipping is basically out of the question on something way out there like that!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
I didn't notice the "Maintenance Records on Request".  Interesting sound dampener/mounting system.

I'll bet there's some pretty wild and wooly history surrounding this possy of machines.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:56:16 AM »
Pretty close to my place up there... that will sell quickly to someone in that area. Shipping is basically out of the question on something way out there like that!

dieselgman
So are there still a lot of Witte engines running in Alaska?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:11:24 AM »
Witte used to be THE name in small scale remote power up there (Alaska)... 1950's, 1960's - American made, bulletproof, and all that. They are pretty much out of favor now because of no longer practical access to spare parts. Those who still run them have collected together the carcasses to scavenge for parts as you see at Angel Creek Lodge in the photos. The Witte's are still interesting artifacts in a few other remote locations but the Lister became the major practical alternative from the 1970's to 1990's. They were ubiquitous in the oil industry throughout those years and most of that iron remains in the State. Alas, the Japanese took over the top spot with Kubota and Isuzu and the like after the 1990's. None of the modern Asian equipment seems to have the character and longevity of the old iron. I am only referencing the very small construction equipment and 5kW to 25kW stuff here that is practical to drag out to a remote cabin and run as prime power.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations