Author Topic: standard 22inch flywheels  (Read 4256 times)

tyssniffen

• View Profile
standard 22inch flywheels
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
I have the 20 inch 'stover' wheels, and I want the bigger, regular, wagon-wheel sort. 

where can I find those?

Tys
6/1 with 2 tank for WVO.  pushing power into off-grid house battery bank, in winter.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: standard 22inch flywheels
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »
What is your location? What engine model and speed are you running?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 03:17:13 AM »
Gary's right.  You can't put just any flywheel on any engine.  Typically the spoked flywheels that you're looking for are only used on 6/1 engines at 650 rpm.  Some Indian assemblers include them on their 8/1 engines which run about 800 rpm.  But the stover-type flywheels with the four equal diameter holes in the web are intended only for the 10/1 which operates at about 1000 rpm.  If you put a 6/1 flywheel on a 10/1 engine, it will be out of balance, and the excessive speed may destroy the flywheel and the engine and possibly cause damage to anything/anyone nearby.

That said, I have a pair of new, unused 6/1 spoked flywheels that I have no need for.  I'm in southern California and get up and down the length of the West coast every few months. 

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

tyssniffen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »
Hey! sorry for the slow response (I thought I'd get an email when someone replied, didn't see it)

I have a standard (Indian) 6/1, and I'm in Northern California - Santa Cruz area.  Quinn, you sound like my hero here!  Let's connect! 

(now I'll have to start the whole 'how-do-I-get-these-old-keys-out' thread.  ha.

Tys
6/1 with 2 tank for WVO.  pushing power into off-grid house battery bank, in winter.