Puppeteer

Author Topic: picked up a toyo diesel pickup :)  (Read 17654 times)

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
Re: picked up a toyo diesel pickup :)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »
Definition of "BOAT"  ---  Hole in the water expecting to be filled with money.

Wife--- much the same.

aye, the other boat one that applies equally well to women is "if you have to ask how muchm you can't afford it"

my personal favourite marriage quote was

"why should I look after another man's daughter"
(saw it when femenists are in earshot)
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
I ask myself, "Why should I break in another mother in law?"
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »
"I ask myself, "Why should I break in another mother in law?"

too funny, :)

reminds me of a conversation i once had with a buddy of mine reguarding multiple wives, he thought it would be cool to have several
till i reminded him of each additional mother in law he would gain in the bargain.

he then looked sick, like i had destroyed a fantasy... lol

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 07:03:19 PM »
"I ask myself, "Why should I break in another mother in law?"

too funny, :)

reminds me of a conversation i once had with a buddy of mine reguarding multiple wives, he thought it would be cool to have several
till i reminded him of each additional mother in law he would gain in the bargain.

he then looked sick, like i had destroyed a fantasy... lol

bob g

I'm at a disadvantage here, having been married only once (for the last 30 years unless something happens between now and March 10)

But I do have a question, philosophical I guess.

Let's take as a hypothetical an intelligent, educated woman, who leads a team of people who do totally baffling things with mainframes and databases for IBM --

why does she invariably forget which way you turn a screw to tighten and to loosen it?

I thank any of you who have a theory about this.

Russell

Oh, and having attended my mother-in-law's funeral 10 years ago --  I guess it is considered bad form to pump your fist and shout "yes" whenever you mention that she is dead.

rg

A country boy can survive - Hank Williams Jr.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »
  Because  "Righty Tighty and Lefty Loosey" have a different meaning, maybe...?

The "yes" is usually done silently....   ;D
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Halfnuts

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:48 PM »
There was an old song about two star-crossed lovers.  He, with a right hand twist, and she, a left-hand thread.  Dunno why I remember things like that.

Halfnuts

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »
Several rifles, mostly British, used opposite twist and threads.  There have been many fine old Krag rifle receivers broken from someone determined to pull the barrel the 'right' way.

It's interesting to me to shoot the big 'elephant' double- rifles.  most of them are right hand twist in the left barrel and left-hand twist in the right barrel.  Two fast shots can wrench your back and the gun will nearly escape the left hand, if loosely held.
I've had three of them and the .470 Nitro Evans Boxlock was the worst for 'bucking'.

guest161

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
hands on versus pen pushing and button punching?

She might clean our clocks on a keyboard or 10 key though...

Many times I won't remember a phone number, so I just place my hand over the dial pad and let the fingers react. All I have to do is think of the person's name.

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »
Many times I won't remember a phone number, so I just place my hand over the dial pad and let the fingers react. All I have to do is think of the person's name.

I bet an old rotary would slow you down.  :D
Up until about 5 years ago my parents still had a rotary dial.  I was there one time a salesman of some kind wanted to make a call, he flat out did not know how to dial a number.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 01:01:29 AM »
Well today I bought a 19 and 85 ford ranger with a 2.3 l mitsubitchy diesel, it ran 3 years a go. I guess there are timing issues. dose any one know bout these puppies. I didnt pay a lot so if its crap not a big loss but I would like to get it running so I can burn wvo in the summer. It has 200,000 k or 120,000 mi . Its only half used up. The body is eaven half presentable. at least the door hinges dont sag when u open the drivers door.

Greg
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

Procrustes

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 02:58:00 AM »
I've had three of them and the .470 Nitro Evans Boxlock was the worst for 'bucking'.

Clearly then you haven't fired this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7842062180045487434

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 03:16:01 AM »
"Bucking" refers to the twisting action of a double due to the reverse twist.

The vid is of a wildcat caliber made from the .348 Winchester case. It was built on a TC pistol.  Its' a  REALLY good example of little dick/big caliber syndrome.

europachris

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 03:34:23 AM »
Well today I bought a 19 and 85 ford ranger with a 2.3 l mitsubitchy diesel, it ran 3 years a go. I guess there are timing issues. dose any one know bout these puppies. I didnt pay a lot so if its crap not a big loss but I would like to get it running so I can burn wvo in the summer. It has 200,000 k or 120,000 mi . Its only half used up. The body is eaven half presentable. at least the door hinges dont sag when u open the drivers door.

Greg

I thought that Ford used the Mazda diesel in the Ranger???  Or was that only in the early Mazda-built Ford Courier (pre Ranger)?  They used the same engine in the Ford Tempo for a little while, also.   Heck, they even made an all-wheel drive Tempo.  I don't recall if that was gas only or both gas and diesel.   I remember this from working in a quick lube in college during the late 80's.  Saw lots of weird vehicles and vehicle/engine combinations. 

I also worked on a few of the V6 diesel front wheel drive GM vehicles.  I think they were either Olds or Buicks.  They sounded about as bad running as the Olds 5.7 V8 diesel - like a shoebox full of marbles.

But I digress.....

Chris

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »
I drug my new truckskie over to my shade tree mechanics house.For the hell of it I threw in a battery and on the second coff it fired , smoked a bit but maybe from sitting for three years . It sounded pretty good I dont know if there is timing issues. There was so much oil on the paper air filter it looked like an oil bath. It had to be choking off the air intake pretty much. But this dosent explain how so much oil got into the air filter box. Is it extreme blow by or really shitty servicing? Ill get it running with injector cleaner and some new diesel and go from there . Im pretty pleased for 400 bucks got a 2.3L diesel truck

Greg
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2006, 01:17:37 AM »
go ahead and service the old girl, and clean it up, meanwhile check the exhaust
for kinks at the tailpipe, where it exits out from under the truck

i have seen these bent nearly closed, causes alot of crankcase pressure, and blowby, which in turn ends up in the air cleaner housing

120,000 miles is just getting broke in

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info