Author Topic: listroids  (Read 3305 times)

chaldon3

• View Profile
listroids
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
hi my question is listroids i am aware they are made in India. but thats all i can find. why would any one buy a copy when there are a good amount of lister engines avalible.
this is a genuine and constructive question. i have never seen or owned one and would like to know more about them if you have some pics that would be great thanks guys.
garry. proud owner of ac1, ac1 direct injection and ad1

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: listroids
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »
In fact, there are plenty of original Dursley Listers in certain parts of the world - namely the U.K. or some former British colonies. They produced over 500,000 of them in 50 + years of production. They are quite scarce in other parts of the world - especially North America. They are expensive wherever they are scarce. The Indian Listeroid is a low-cost entre that can be a quite acceptable stand-in for an original Lister - especially if they are checked over carefully and reworked wherever the Indians have done sloppy work. Take a look in the Lister Engine Gallery linked to this site - many projects there with many different types of Lister equipment as well as the clones.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

chaldon3

• View Profile
Re: listroids
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 10:14:43 PM »
In fact, there are plenty of original Dursley Listers in certain parts of the world - namely the U.K. or some former British colonies. They produced over 500,000 of them in 50 + years of production. They are quite scarce in other parts of the world - especially North America. They are expensive wherever they are scarce. The Indian Listeroid is a low-cost entre that can be a quite acceptable stand-in for an original Lister - especially if they are checked over carefully and reworked wherever the Indians have done sloppy work. Take a look in the Lister Engine Gallery linked to this site - many projects there with many different types of Lister equipment as well as the clones.

dieselgman
many thanks dieselgman