Puppeteer

Author Topic: British Container Shipment  (Read 31587 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
British Container Shipment
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:12:15 AM »
Finally nearing the end of a long saga... we just shipped out the first of the Dursley Listers from the ill-fated British import project started several years back. Brett S. has the honor of being the first owner to redeem his purchase from this batch of 16, now how about you other guys? Everything is in safe storage but it is costly to keep moving these machines around and I am tiring of stumbling over them in our shop buildings not to mention the large personal cash outlay it has taken to get them this far along. Eventually we will have no choice but to implement some sort of deadline for final resolution, or make some new storage arrangements. What do you think? I would sure like to see these all make it to their intended new homes pretty soon now.

Best Regards,
dieselgman

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:21:45 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: British Container Shipment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:44:52 AM »
Huh?

Are you kidding us?

I've written, rewritten and scraped many wonderful truly sarcastic lines instead of this one.  If I learned anything on this site it is that sarcasm is often not well received and rarely motivates anyone to anything except being angry with me.  I have decided to not be the problem.

These great servants need to be at work.  Please decide to follow up on your plan or, perhaps, sell your interest to someone that is still excited.  

Perhaps you folks don't know that you've witnessed what I term a miracle.  I wish dieselman were interested in importing diesel SUVs and small trucks from Canada into the USA.  

Three cheers for you Meastro!

Casey
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:19:10 AM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:15:59 AM »
Gary, 
I can certainly attest to the problem of tripping over them and having to move them around to access other machinery,  what people don`t seem to realise is that even with a forklift truck it all takes time.....       A monthly storage charge would certainly focus minds on collection schedules, the guy who stored them at Blackpool knew how to charge for ouside storage.

Casey,
Its no miracle, shipping is relatively straightforward, all it takes is the minimum no of people involved, money and a commitment from all involved to see it through,  as we have seen there are many who can talk a good shipment but few who will see it through. 

Mark.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
Pick a time, and those that cant do, either lose thier machine or it gets sold off to pay for collection costs...

Sometimes you need to just be straight forward and go for it
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:08:21 AM »
Yes, it has been more than 6 months since we took delivery in the USA and I believe I have been paid (at least in part) for 3 of the 16 units as of now. 15 of them remain in my storage spaces. We will be into the summer work season in Alaska before too long and things will get more difficult to arrange if much more time goes by. I am thinking along the lines of an April 30 pickup/shipment target or make additional longer term arrangements for the equipment. I will be in contact with individual owners regarding this status... no big deal. I do understand that financial issues may have changed the outcomes for some folks - for the worse. I am willing to work with just about any reasonable proposals to help finish up this deal to everyone's satisfaction.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Thob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »
Just a little encouragement for those who haven't picked up their engines: the vultures are circling, looking for leftovers, with cash in their pockets!

By the way, I read an article the other day (sorry, no link) where they said something about import brokers going out of business because the gov. has decided they need to post a much bigger bond than before, all of the "little guys" are going out of business.
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 02:35:20 AM »
Just a little encouragement for those who haven't picked up their engines: the vultures are circling, looking for leftovers, with cash in their pockets!

Hey I resemble that remark.   ;D

Btw, If anyone has decided to go a different direction and is looking to unload an engine I would be interested. Just shoot me a PM.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:28 AM »
Mark,

Would you settle for "Extraordinary Event."

Casey

The " the vultures are circling, looking for leftovers, with cash in their pockets!" certainly caught my attention.  Letting go of a dream simply frees you up to better pursue the more important ones.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:14 AM »
Casey,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Yes of courseI will.

Mark.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »
I can just hear the line of excuses for not paying up and just the thought f them has caused  rivers of tears to run  from my eyes,,,, NOT!

I would be embarrassed to even inconvenience  the guy who saved this shipment,  let alone stick him with not only cost but the troubling over what to do with the engines???  I would have been there to help unload and paid him in cash and gave him some extra for his efforts had I a stick in the fire.

When Gary decides to do so those who would step forward with cash  will finalise the BAILING OUT of this ill conceived mess.   Which is one hell of a long ways away from being a vulture,,

in my way of thinking

Butch
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
Everyone must  agree dieselman has somehow manifested an "extraordinary event".  He is the hero in this "ill conceived mess".

What I'm trying to do is facilitate an honorable end to it.  Times change and stuff happens in even the best planned lives.  Adjusting and moving on is going to happen whether we actively participate or not. 

Some people use humor to facilitate a process.  Some people use shaming to facilitate a process.  Some people use anxiety to facilitate a process.  I'm attempting to use "the carrot" to facilitate this process.  I'm sure I've missed other important motivational methods but what we are all after is getting this journey completed.  I too would be tempted to set an auction date and whack the procrastinators that are making this process difficult to complete.  But then I don't have the drive, determination, compassion and talent to get these containers out of the UK and to Kansas.  Perhaps someone could draw up a form letter that releases a persons commitment, any profits after expenses and addressing the goodwill they must feel towards Gary. 

I've always found ending a project is far more difficult that beginning one.  But end; they do.  And feel better; I do.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »
What pi$$es me Casey is being left in limbo after a commitment is made.  I have been in Gary's shoes. A person has money out, real money as in $$$, cash, FRNs, moolah, smack. You have taken a little bit in. You are not out anything in the grande scheme of life because you still retain the goods BUT (brakes on full here) having possession of the goods does not pay the bills, it  doesn't put food in your belly, it doesn't balance the checkbook at the end of the month but you are stuck. Stuck because you cant in good conscience sell the damn thing(s) to somebody else when you only own part of them. 

Being a slow learner now when I advertise an engine  I  will NOT take any money down. people think it is goofy business practise but Gary's predicament here is exactly why I will not.  No money down means clear conscience when I make the call to next in line when the buyer doesn't have the cash to back up his word.

I will however send a (1) Kleenex to those who call 10 weeks after they were supposed to pick up an engine and find it has a new home elsewhere.  ;D

Rant? I guess, sorry. Vulture set me off but I am done now  ;) ;)
Butch
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Thob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 03:14:11 AM »
Sorry - I didn't mean to offend anyone.  I really was referring to myself as a vulture.  I came to the party a little (a lot) late and I'm a little green with envy of you guys.  I keep circling around here, hoping to find one that somebody bought but doesn't want anymore.
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

ses

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »
Everyone must  agree dieselman has somehow manifested an "extraordinary event".  He is the hero in this "ill conceived mess".

What I'm trying to do is facilitate an honorable end to it.  Times change and stuff happens in even the best planned lives.  Adjusting and moving on is going to happen whether we actively participate or not. 

Some people use humor to facilitate a process.  Some people use shaming to facilitate a process.  Some people use anxiety to facilitate a process.  I'm attempting to use "the carrot" to facilitate this process.  I'm sure I've missed other important motivational methods but what we are all after is getting this journey completed.  I too would be tempted to set an auction date and whack the procrastinators that are making this process difficult to complete.  But then I don't have the drive, determination, compassion and talent to get these containers out of the UK and to Kansas.  Perhaps someone could draw up a form letter that releases a persons commitment, any profits after expenses and addressing the goodwill they must feel towards Gary. 

I've always found ending a project is far more difficult that beginning one.  But end; they do.  And feel better; I do.

Casey

well said Casey!

SES

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:15 AM »
I cant believe there has only been a 20% follow through on the engines.

This whole situation reminds me of the M.A.S.H. episode where Hawkeye wants to have some ribs shipped
From "Adams Ribs" in Chicago over to Korea. Recommended watching before another undertaking like this.

These engines will sell quikly to other people.
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire