Puppeteer

Author Topic: Kubota on wvo?  (Read 30577 times)

honda lee

• View Profile
Kubota on wvo?
« on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:12 AM »
Hi all, I just bought a new/ old diesel pusher rv and it has a kubota generator in it. I am planning on installing veggie tanks in the lower bay to run the detroit 8v92t  diesel . I was wondering if any one had expereance running a three cylinder kubota on veggie?

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: Kubota on wvo?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:01 AM »
are you processing the wvo into bio-diesel ?  I know bio-diesel needs new fuel lines everywhere (and injector return lines), and I suspect wvo would need it too.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Aloha honda lee,

I have a BX 2330 Kubota tractor and it does not, NOT, NOT like WVO at any level.  The fuel lines have handled the B100 biodiesel except where it was weeping just a bit and 10 days into the B100 program a line did disintegrate.  I had the same problem with a line on my Isuzu diesel as well but it will drink 40% WVO apparently with no problems but I do go to nearly 100% biodiesel or diesel every once in a while.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »
Casey, thanks for the info!

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 12:30:09 AM »
i have a kubota rtv an it did NOT like veggy oil.
i tried a 80% veggy 10% gas,10%diesel and celltane buster .  had to drain it and go back to diesel.
i never tried straight with heating it.
you can try your luck, but i would not think you will have any luck unless you go to extreme of changing alot of things to the engine.