Author Topic: SCTF 2.25  (Read 5039 times)

Alexdick

• View Profile
SCTF 2.25
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
I have a SCTF 2.25 on my Lister Generator. For some reason it has just stopped producing electricity. I have checked the brushes and they are ok (I think) and are pressing down ok from the springs. Can anyone help me and recommend a course of  action? I don't know how the thing works or what I should be looking out for. I am in the UK and would, ideally, like to get it serviced. Any help would be gratefully received! It has been run for about one hour a month for about 30 years from new , so not a huge amount of work done!

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: SCTF 2.25
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
If you can find and post a service diagram for your generator head, that would be a good start. 
I suggest you look at this as a learning opportunity-  look around for some basic "how it works" on generator heads so you can learn the basics.  Then you can either:  1. Prevent yourself from being ripped off by a repair shop or 2. Know enough to be able to follow directions for troubleshooting. 

Best Wishes,
Bruce

listeroil

• View Profile
Re: SCTF 2.25
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:36 AM »
I think this might be the correct daigram for  your generator. I have marked 2 wires red these come from inside the generator body and into the topbox. They connect up to a massive adjustable resistor and I think one of the wires has broken or the resistor broken if so coulld be a really easy fix. Remove the topbox lid and have a look inside, while your there take some photos and post them here.

Mick